Model Cars Magazine Forum

AEC ROUTEMASTER RLM double-decker bus

Excellent build and nice weathering. Infact, I like the fact that you choose light weathering. The company prides themselves in keeping the busses clean and in good working order.

That said... now you need some people inside. B)

I am sorry to disappoint you Jairus, but I won´t let no people get in this bus. I am not into painting figures and this would be a tough job for me. And I also won´t keep the bus as clean anymore. Everything you said is true. But I have done too many wrongdoings to the paint job and I have to mask it somehow.

A model can be painted either to reflect the real thing as truly as possible... in this case clean and shiny. Or to overdo some things a bit to get a look of a.....

the model. These are two different things. And I am kinda forced to go the latter way.

P7232399_zpsdfbf65e0.jpg

P7232396_zps17177d2d.jpg

P7232407_zps68eb05a5.jpg

P7232417_zpsd695d61b.jpg

P7232426_zpsfc48c45b.jpg

I have to add a few details like the mud flaps, the windshield wiper and improve the bonnet alignment. And then it´ll be complete, I think.

Someone said it looks like a tough kit to build. It´s not. All the troubles I got into were caused by the lack of my model building skills.

To Volvoman: I very much like your build. I just wasn´t able to keep it as clean as you were. I wish I could take pictures of my bus in British enviroment. But there´s nothing like that around here. I have to find some big poster of Big Ben or something like that.