Model Cars Magazine Forum

chevrolet wirh roll off forest

It is a model that I started twenty years ago,i have never finished by lack of motivation.When I was very young my father was of the equipment for the forest contractors.The original of my model had a roll off that he had made,for the loading of the pulp

p1120010.jpg

p1120011.jpg

p1120012.jpg

That looks amazing I agree I WOUNDNT change anything. Nice weathering or maybe its dust, mmmm not sure. That must be resin, never seen that body as a kit.

I do see these in the summer as a lot of farmers in our area use them for corn and grain harvesting. I can't believe some of the trucks these farmers have.

later Ewan

Thank You the guy,my lack of motivation was that I do not remember very well to all the details of the roll off that my father was.I do not like to work only of memory,sometimes have done error.It shalt surely not identical but it shalt be when even well I think it shalt be well in a working situation

Now THAT IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that a conversion of the Revell pickup or a resin cab? The grille looks so right! If this is a conversion that you did, then I have to say that it is unique, very pretty and extremely well done!! You need to do another cab like that and give it to a resin caster to produce because I'm sure that more than a few would sell! What did you use for a chassis and engine and how did you make the grille??? That is truly a very special model and my hat is off to you for doing such a spectacular job!!!!track_12-_sheer_perfection_zps00a4827e.g

You really caught the look right. Thank you for sharing..,.

• 3 weeks later...

introduced before the weathering.I may be forgotten a few small details i was 11 years old when my father has built this roll off.Of course this was not a GM 66 but a Ford 58.The arrives of the roll off has been revolutionary for the truckers forest

p1120029.jpg

p1120030.jpg

p1120031.jpg

p1120032.jpg

p1120033.jpg

p1120034.jpg

p1120035.jpg

Thank You the friends of your comments.For a model that i am without motivations i do come back not on any forums people like this truck.May be the nostalgia of years 60/70 or it is trucks were the masters of the local transport.Also they were of very beautiful trucks