Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 ford

E St. Kruiser50

The old 30'd cars to me are beautiful, and I really like the "Clark Gable Style" Duesenberg, but the colors never thrilled me.

So I decided to use one of my favorite color combinations - black urethane, and a custom mixed urethane buckskin, and then clear coated it.

The body is a Monogram 4 door, 2 seat Phaeton kit, that was shortened, fenders shortened, as well as the chassis, exhaust and drive-line shortened.

I re-arched the shape of the trunk area, scratched up a boot for the 'vert top, laid the windshield back, and filled in the spare tire "Wells" in the front fenders. I also split the hood into several pieces and hinged it in two places, to show the detailed stock engine - FUN PROJECT

Edited by Treehugger Dave

WOW! Beeeeyootiful! That color combo is spectacular, and your mods look perfect. Man, would I love to do one like that in 1/8 scale!

As if you need more projects, but ITC did a big scale Duesenberg It wasn't 1/8th. I Think it was 1/16 or 1/12. It was not a bad kit. They aren't very pricey when found either, especially for a rebuidable one.

As if you need more projects, but ITC did a big scale Duesenberg It wasn't 1/8th. I Think it was 1/16 or 1/12. It was not a bad kit. They aren't very pricey when found either, especially for a rebuidable one.

Yeah - It's the 1/16th scale Weyman Boattail Roadster with pontoon fenders.

Looks a lot like the red and black 1931 "SJ French Roadster".

I have some pretty nice research material and hope to build the beautiful "Frech Roadster" with the pontoon fenders, one day in 1/24 scale. Got several Duesy Monogram kits set aside, for more of these type builds in the future smile.gif .

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Yeah - It's the 1/16th scale Weyman Boattail Roadster with pontoon fenders.

Looks a lot like the red and black 1931 "SJ French Roadster".

I have some pretty nice research material and hope to build the beautiful "Frech Roadster" with the pontoon fenders, one day in 1/24 scale. Got several Duesy Monogram kits set aside, for more of these type builds in the future smile.gif .

You are thinking of the old Entex/ Japanese kit of the George Whittell/ Bill harrah owned car.

The ITC / Ringo kit is 1/12 scale and comes as a Rollston Convertible coupe. It is an SJ and has the old style log exhaust manifold instead of the flex pipes.

Both All-American Models and ScaleKraft made 1/24th scale French Speedsters in resin. It takes a bit to find them but they are out there.