Model Cars Magazine Forum

Amt 1966 thunderbird

ERIK88

As I recall, fit of the bumper/grille to the body and fit of the lower front pan to the bumper is rather fiddly; needs a little filing here and there to fit neatly - just shave a little, test fit, shave a little... Also check photos of the real car when you install the rear bumper - it's very easy to get it upside down. Also, if you latch onto a Craftsman kit, it's a Town Coupe (no vinyl roof) rather than a Landau, and the interior is correct for a coupe with vent slots on the package shelf; the full kit is really a convertible with an optional add-on roof and not an accurate coupe.

Good luck with it, Erik! One thing I forgot, and so did AMT, on both kits: the top corners of the trunk lid should be rounded, not squared.

14973087161_ace889095b_b.jpg

Just in case you want to be Mr. Know-it-All at your next show. ;)

Thanks! ill see if i can work that out in these somehow when building them

The front splash pan will need about a quarter inch removed from each side. They go waaayyy past where the wheel wells would normally be.

Not that much; it mostly needs to moved forward to be flush with the bottom edge of the front bumper (I also trimmed off the backs of the bumper guards a bit).

Chris, was the trunk line on the 1964 and 1965 TBird kit wrong as well. I never paid attention to it.

Yes, all three years.