Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi..........

Just a couple of pic's of the Ducati 916, this a build I started many moons ago and finally summoned up the energy to finish.

Pretty much a shelf build as I completed it to clear the bench as much as anything.

Here you go then............

Img3720.jpg

Img3713.jpg

I posted this across at HH and thought I'd include it here for those that don't cross pollinate!

Cheers all................... Yad'

• 1 year later...

Hey, this looks wonderful!

I have a question pertaining to this exact model:

I just got back into modeling. I'm 19 and I've always loved how these things fit perfectly and all that. About 11 years ago I used to build these literally all the time, but I never painted them. I actually got to the point where I would complete Revell Level 3 equivalent projects easily. For me it was all about the fit of the parts together.

Now that I'm not 8 years old, I'm slowly getting back into modeling in my (limited) spare time, but this time I'm very interested in painting them. I just got done with the Revell 1:24 Enzo Ferrari and I painted it and everything - looks pretty good for my first one. Next I got this exact model. It was very hard to find this anywhere online or even any tips on how to paint these things. SO, down to the question...

What advice would you give a pseudo-beginner, especially on how to paint models? I bought all the paint colors for the Ducati (a slick $40 - twice the price of the model), in the mini acrylics Tamiya brand. Do I need a primer? For my Enzo I used enamel paints. Are these different? What kind of brushes do I use and how do I clean them between paints? Would spraying the Ducati be better? AH!! The questions!

As you can probably tell, the people at the model shop weren't very helpful... so I would GREATLY APPRECIATE any help you people could give me. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read this, and even more so for replying with information. Your modeling skills look superb - a great model upon which to base my efforts.