Model Cars Magazine Forum

aurora 1/16 super scale pinto funny car

There has never been a series of drag related kits more detailed than the Aurora Racing scenes!!! I have every kit in the series except the full kits of the Vega and Pinto. They are on my must have list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If ever a kit could be reverse engineered these would be it. Lost in a train wreck,fire, scraped.This could be resurrected. Supposedly kits have been reverse engineered, I have seen no evidence of this, the Casper's Undertaker was supposedly reverse engineered. But I have read it wasn't. So. . .PL-5014-2.jpg

Edited by Greg Myers

from what i can tell the box and the bags are all together everything is there the only bag that has been open is the tire bag and its all there also it is the one that you can make eithe the phantom of the magician it is blue color modeled it has never been put together at all and the box is in very good shape

Thanks much for the link to that cool story , Greg !

I recall seeing the Aurora Racing Scenes kits when I was really young ( I was 4-5 years old in '74 / '75 ) . The local "high-end" department store carried them in their toy department . They looked absolutely huge to me ; and that realistic box art left me with the sensation that I could actually sit inside the completed car !

Of course , I would never know the pleasure of building one of these beauties ...

One thing's for sure ; I didn't notice until now that these are snap-together !