Model Cars Magazine Forum

23-window VW bus vignette

tiking

I think what Paul means is how tall are the trees , are they complete trees or do they stop as a cut just above where you took the photo ?

My question though is how did you make the trees or are they just fresh branches from something you have growing there ?

oh ok. The trees are complete. I took the pics like that to get a reseasonable size compostion between the model and the trees. The pine trees are tall and would have to go back even more to get the whole thing. If you click on the link I posted in a previous post further up this thread, you will see the article I wrote, showing how I did it. I wrote that article back in 2002, so I have since found other vegetation to test out. But the former ones are still usable.

Edited by tiking

Some more updates. Sorry for the photos. The storage compartment door is closed halfway and the back right lights(broken are in place. Also toned down the rust on the on the right side a little.

renovation_object141.jpg

renovation_object151.jpg

renovation_object161.jpg

renovation_object171.jpg

Edited by tiking

I didn't see this when you first posted this. Nice work, and the diorama base is excellent. The update with the brake drum hub and getting rid of the seams on the 1/4 panel is very good.

If you need anythign else to update, the impact strips on the bumpers should be chrome with a black rubber strip in the center.

like:

504583.jpg

Edited by Zarana-X

I didn't see this when you first posted this. Nice work, and the diorama base is excellent. The update with the brake drum hub and getting rid of the seams on the 1/4 panel is very good.

If you need anythign else to update, the impact strips on the bumpers should be chrome with a black rubber strip in the center.

like:

504583.jpg

Funny you should post this. I am in the process of correcting this area as well. Thanks for the pic. It'll help even more.