Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to the Sins of Steel show in Davisburg,Michigan last Saturday.While in the model contest area one of my fellow modelers came and showed us the unstarted early issue of the MPC '32 Chrysler roadster he bought from one of the vendors in the small swap area at the show.It was the issue with the Henderson motorcycle in it.Best thing was- he got it for five bucks!So my one model buddy and I wander over to the vendor and procured deals of our own.I got a Monogram Duesenburg Town Car,an AMT '51 Chevy fastback,a Testor/Italeri Ferrari 250 GTO,a Fujimi Entusiast Model Lambo 25th anniversary Countach,a Tamiya 1/20th scale Lotus 78,a Monogram Maseratti 3500,a Heller/Union Ferrari 512s,and a Revell TopFuel Dragster.Yup-$5 each.Later on we heard about a guy who got to that vendor early and got goodies that we never saw.

Edited by ZTony8

Um, Oscar, the fit on that 914 is worse than the box shows. I did get one built, but it took a "practice kit" first. That being said, it can look very nice when done.

If it took you a practice kit, I'm screwed, LOL

Got some parts for a restoration project on my two revell 57' Bel Air kits!... :)

Now to track down i think 2 or three more so i can fully restore it...only missing a couple parts that revell can not replace for they retooled the kit ....dratz!

got a Merc and a TA today also waiting on a VW Camper and a Tamiya Alpine 1600 and that's the last model for me , done with the buying

We all say that! It lasts right up until the next cool thing that comes our way. :D

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...