Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

We got Tropical Storm Andrea, 2" of rain so far, and tornado warnings. It's gonna be one of those days.

Great acquisition!!! j/k!!

Watch yourself down there. We lost our rental property and about $60k of stuff when we were hit up here in Central VA not too long ago.

Thank the maker for renter's insurance.

A friend of mine, who casts steelie wheels, Slot Mags and Turbine Wheels oh and Centerlines too in resin, bought '61 Dodge Phoenix promo last year. While he decided to learn casting car bodies, and now I have one '61 Phoenix Resin body on my hands. The kit is complete with only tires missing, but because the chassis is promo style, I didn't take that one with me because I will install a chassis from Lindberg '64 Dodge in here. Great work with the casting, it's very clean and nice!

DSCN3604_zps26833091.jpg
DSCN3610_zps6f5baabd.jpg
DSCN3612_zps69321757.jpg
DSCN3614_zps7d11fb63.jpg
DSCN3617_zps1487e7ff.jpg

All pictures can be seen from my Fotki Album: '61 Dodge Phoenix.

"REVIVAL" Kit... Alfa Romero 'SCUDERIA FERRARI' P3 (1932-35) 1:20 Scale

And after waiting for about 7 months...Friend of mine from the Model Car Club (City Style) Finally won the Hasegawa JAGUAR XJ-S H.E. TWR kit for me and a very good price....been wanting this kit for a very long time. Thanks..Bill :)

Came across a Tamiya 1/6 Scale HARLEY DAVIDSON FLH CLASSIC "Black Fash" at swap meet last Sunday...All complete... Very Nice Kit....

However the instructions are in Japanese :( so if anybody happens to have them in English...Please let me know..Thanks...

Cheers to All...Don

I cleaned out my photobucket album. I had filled it to the 2500 picture limit. So I can now post pictures whatiI have collected in the past two weeks.

20130528_125801.jpg

20130528_125851.jpg

20130528_125828.jpg

Love that Rambler and pacer Cory. l would love to see the pacer repoped.

A friend of mine, who casts steelie wheels, Slot Mags and Turbine Wheels oh and Centerlines too in resin, bought '61 Dodge Phoenix promo last year. While he decided to learn casting car bodies, and now I have one '61 Phoenix Resin body on my hands. The kit is complete with only tires missing, but because the chassis is promo style, I didn't take that one with me because I will install a chassis from Lindberg '64 Dodge in here. Great work with the casting, it's very clean and nice!

DSCN3604_zps26833091.jpg

DSCN3610_zps6f5baabd.jpg

DSCN3612_zps69321757.jpg

DSCN3614_zps7d11fb63.jpg

DSCN3617_zps1487e7ff.jpg

All pictures can be seen from my Fotki Album: '61 Dodge Phoenix.

Who makes this?.....Very nice casting , I'd love to get one.

Who makes this?.....Very nice casting , I'd love to get one.

Unless you really like resin you might look for the 80s X-EL reissue. It has the same bits but the grille and bumpers are chrome and the tail lights translucent red.

It's Marko Piironen who is casting these, but haven't seen them yet on public sale. I saw that Modelhaus does offer the same set in resin too, but he decided to cast own kit because he needs a few of these for a Junkyard diorama or something and it is also good way to learn resin casting. Looks like those Promo Models are not that expensive either, that might be a good basis for a project too. But for me, this is great place to learn using Alclad for chrome. :D

Looks like '64 Dodge 330 chassis fits with only a little fine tuning.

So about a month ago, my father-in-law tells me a friend of his has some brass and aluminum metal I might be able to use for my modeling. I'm thinking it's probably some scrap stuff, but I'm interested to see what it is, so he has his friend brings it to his house for me. I wasn't able to get over to his house to pick it up until today, and when I get there, to my utter surprise, I see this!

MetalRack-vi.jpg?1370759590

Are you kidding me? This is awesome! Time for some scratchbuilding!

Edited by Art Laski

So about a month ago, my father-in-law tells me a friend of his has some brass and aluminum metal I might be able to use for my modeling and his friend brings it to his house for me. I'm thinking it's probably some scrap stuff, but I'm interested to see what it is. I wasn't able to get over to his house to pick it up until today, and when I get there, to my utter surprise, I see this!

MetalRack-vi.jpg?1370759590

Are you kidding me? This is awesome! Time for some scratchbuilding!

Really Awesome..

I didn't get this today, Got it months ago before i hurt my hand at work. My hand is finally good enough for me to ride so i have been out getting it dirty.

Couple pictures of my 2013 Specialized Camber Comp, I changed the bars to Race Face Turbines and the seat to a WTB Pure-V. I changed it from a 2x10 to a 1x10 using a Wolftoothcycling 32 tooth chainring. So Far love the gearing and the way this bike ride.

004-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...