Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 camaro pro-mod wip

thanks joe. i have been inspired by your pro mod 57 chevy, which certainly looks the biz.

thanks jim. i have been trying to decide which set of wheels to use for this, as you have a great selection.

ok, got some more updates. began painting and building some sub assemblies. also used some etched parts from dirty modeller and waiting for parts from ted's modelling marketplace.

dscf3848i.jpg

dscf3849z.jpg

dscf3850z.jpg

dscf3851k.jpg

dscf3852c.jpg

dscf3853q.jpg

dscf3854zj.jpg

By metalhead6464 at 2012-09-01

steve

hey all. i started doing some work on the body so it can fit the chassis (pics soon) but also got stuck into doing the valve covers. these were machined out hard chemiwood and finished with a strip of plastic. holes were drilled for fitting to the heads and ignition wires. i am thinking of casting these up, but the finished ones will be painted black.

dscf3860q.jpg

dscf3859v.jpg

dscf3856f.jpg

dscf3855i.jpg

dscf3861j.jpg

By metalhead6464 at 2012-09-04

oh, the steering boots are turned ally with heat shrink tubing over the top.

steve

thanks bill.

ok, so here are some more updates. took a mould of the valve covers and are ready to cast, but i have to wait for the release agent to arrive. but i did finish the original covers as you can see. as promised, here some pics of the body in progress. i used etched fasteners from dirt modeller and trimmed down the resin in some places, notice the black areas.

dscf3863f.jpg

dscf3864e.jpg

dscf3866m.jpg

dscf3867u.jpg

dscf3868o.jpg

dscf3869de.jpg

dscf3872md.jpg

dscf3875b.jpg

By metalhead6464 at 2012-09-06

steve

thanks guys. the engine stand was something i made quick to save constant handling of the engine.

here are some more updates. i'm doing something a little different here with the ignition wires. i normally install them after most of the engine is done, but this time, i decided to put them in before the blower goes on. it made things easier as i can adjust the wires accordingly just by pulling them out of the mag, as they are just pushed in. also made the fuel valve on a design by John Teresi's Daytona Pro Mod model. started doing the gear shifters out of 0.5 aluminium. did two but the smaller one will end up as the shute release. the boot lid is being made from thick plastic.

dscf3876lr.jpg

dscf3877h.jpg

dscf3878s.jpg

dscf3879s.jpg

dscf3881q.jpg

dscf3882o.jpg

By metalhead6464 at 2012-09-10

steve

Steve,

Gorgeous work mate, specially on that motor. Having done similar, I know what you went through to build that. :)

The whole build is really shaping up nicely, and I'm jumping onboard for the ride home.

Look forward to seeing more mate. ;)

cheers guys.

got some more updates. turned a set of pulleys and trim rings for the blower hat. if i had a turn table, i would have milled them. i also made the butterflies from sheet ally. i have taken a mould of the manifold and blower hat block and cast them, along with the valve covers i made earlier. they do have a couple of air holes, but nothing that can't be put right.

dscf3894.jpg

dscf3895.jpg

dscf3896p.jpg

dscf3975k.jpg

dscf3976k.jpg

By metalhead6464 at 2012-09-17

thanks for looking.

steve

• 3 weeks later...

it's been a while since i last put some updates on this, but i have been busy. i now have the doors hung, more work on the chassis with also a guide coat of primer. made the wheelie bar and began on the rear axle. got the blower hat on the go to.

dscf4086t.jpg

dscf4091a.jpg

dscf4093l.jpg

dscf4095a.jpg

dscf4096v.jpg

dscf4101g.jpg

steve

• 2 weeks later...

here are some more updates.

started work on the rear end, with the links and turning a pair of coil over shocks. scratchbuilt a belt guard for the engine, a blower bag and harness. detailed the blower with bolts, including the blower pulley. also made a bag for the transmission and turned a pair of nitros bottles.

dscf4102q.jpg

dscf4103v.jpg

dscf4104u.jpg

dscf4108m.jpg

dscf4110k.jpg