Model Cars Magazine Forum

'64 goat promod, 1/24

grzessk

Hey hey people, im new there. This is going to be my first detailed car model, and first that im taking seriously (2-3 years project or so). Yeah i've made some aircraft models earlier, but it was more than 7 yrs ago.

These pics are from april-september, nothing new but you didnt had the opportunity yet to see it here.

Front end

massska_zps7eb158f1.jpg

Supercharger, and still not finished tunnel ram intake. I made that scoop from LEGO bricks, just to see how it looks on the adaptor.

kompresor3.jpg

kompresor.jpg

hppp_0811_07_z%2Bmike_cooper%2Bpro_mod_class_zps01bc5988.jpg

Need some tips for building my front end. Just wondering if there will be enough space to put the fuel tank and stuff in front of engine? Ofc, i won't use the original chassis, im forced to build my own double rail :P so there will be a little bit more room for tank as the engine will go under the scuttle panel area.

• 2 weeks later...

^But i won't use that scoop :lol:.

Ok, here is what i did so far.

First attempt, not exactly what i wanted, but looks decent to me.

2.jpg

Guys, the front end will be a pain in the butt to do. i see tons of putty on it in the near future. :unsure:

3.jpg

5.jpg

i should at least clean the black paint before taking photos, but anyway it all will be covered with putty or grinded later on.

Don't use putty. Use super glue. It sands better and lasts longer.

What Super Glue is that :blink: ? I tried once, but the only tool which might have done something to my super glue would have been a Motor Saw or something like that, it was so hard stuff.

Two component putties/bondos what are used to 1:1 cars, work very well on my builds.

And the project looks very good! I like the scoop on the hood and supercharger looks great too. I can't wait to see more.

• 1 month later...

i was drawing a while today, concept art of my GTO because i couldnt find any promod goat in google pics section :angry:. ill scan it tonight.

i decided to extend front end, its way too short atm.

red lines shows where i would cut the fenders and hood to place styrene bars.

any tips? :rolleyes:

goatfenders_zps24f0d3e4.jpg

update time guys :)!

-extended front... ill work on wheel arches, bumper and its spoiler later.

-side skirts templates added.

DSC00261_zpse46c81ee.jpg

a quick mock up

frontttend_zps707b53b0.png

for some reason i didnt liked the first front end that i made, but now im totally satisfied with the stance.

how do you like it? does it have a proper look?

• 3 weeks later...