Model Cars Magazine Forum

My recent builds.

dustyplastic

Hello all, I've been building models for about 50 years although life did get in the way for a lot of it. Recently things have settled down enough to allow plenty of bench time and although my eyesight isn't the best I still enjoy dusting off the plastic......The AMT 57 Chev was started many years ago and sat in bare metal mode forever. I got about half way through and gave up so a life long buddy finished it for me. He actually likes to do foiling. The 32 Ford pickup is the re-issued Lindberg kit. I built this as a kid and basically poured glue all over it. This time I changed the wheels and tires, front bumper, and 86'd the fender horns. Next was a quickie build of the Hippy Hemi rail, another one I destroyed as a lad. Now I was on a roll so the re-issue 36 Ford kit came next. Another basic out of the box build except better slicks and lowered front end. So after lurking here for a while I thought I'd share these and continue to enjoy all the quality building on this site.

Thanks for looking and comments are always appreciated.

Dusty P.

post-14483-0-33089600-1418593177_thumb.j

post-14483-0-09156100-1418593188_thumb.j

post-14483-0-03089200-1418593227_thumb.j

post-14483-0-39689600-1418593241_thumb.j

post-14483-0-32989500-1418593264_thumb.j

That 36 has real attitude.

The flake in the red paint is nice and in-scale and retains its' sparkle well.

Did you leave the 36 unpainted? It looks like old paint, but I've got a Dick Tracy version and it's in black plastic.

You're banging 'em out like a machine!

Why does it take me so long to finish one.....?