Model Cars Magazine Forum

round 2 website...

towtruck

I've got the Open Road Mini Motor Home, original Rescue Van, and '73 drag van annual kit. All three have separate hoods. Two have broken cowls, which led me to scare up a couple more of the early bodies (with the separate side panel inserts). Those have separate hoods too. The firewall in the Dirty Donny kit still has the notches where the original hood's vestigal "hinges" fit. I believe the hood was tooled into the body at the same time that the separate side panels were eliminated, which was for the Kandy-Van/Nirvana custom issues.

Recently, I built one of the Dirty Donny van kits. Among other modifications, I opened the hood. You can barely see the front of the engine, let alone the wiring. I won't glue the hoods shut on any of the early issue kits that I might build, but on the other hand I won't cut another later kit to get the opening hood. If I build any of the other customs (Sun Chaser, Xtasy, Foxy Box) those will probably get dark interiors and smoke-tint glass to keep things simple...

I have the '72 Strip n' Surf drag van, and it too has the separate hood. I also have a bagged Chevy van kit that I think is from a Penske Race Team. It has the separate side panels and an open hood.

Wow, if this is the short-track, kit-car chassis 1970(?) Dart with an opening trunk, I'll be doing cartwheels down my street when it gets reissued! I never thought we'd see this great little kit again. They go for top-dollar on the auction sites.

I think this kit was originally-issued with the Ford Race-car Ramp truck in the early-1970's, then reissued once more as a kit by itself a couple of years after that. So, it hasn't been on a store shelf since the mid-1970's!

Good news...it is the Swinger-bodied car with the separate trunklid.

Is this list fact ? I just looked on the Round 2 website and I don't see anything

The Round 2 public website always lags behind distributors and vendors...it's apparently fact based, as multiple vendors have these items listed. Just have to wait and see, looks like it's going to be good year for reissues of long-gone kits and variations on more recent kits.

Edited by Rob Hall

I did find a small blip about the Demon kit on Tower Hobbies site , as a Dec 2013 release date, I can wait.

Also the Ford Hauler is Oct 2013 , again, I can wait

Talk about making my day,,,,,,,,,,,, Finally A Demon kit . :D

Glad I sold my unbuilt Ford hauler kit last year. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Go to stevens hobby shop and go to amt listing. You will find a long list of new amt releases

...and some MPC releases, too:

MPC-796 1/25 Nascar 1971 Mercury Cyclone (Donnie Allison) $29.95 TBA

MPC-797 1/25 Chevy Blazer Truck (Snap) (New Tool) $24.95 TBA

MPC-798 1/25 1975 Dodge Dart Sport $29.95 TBA

MPC-799 1/25 1974 Barracuda (Snap) $24.95 TBA

MPC-800 1/25 1967 Mustang Ohio George Malco Gasser Car $29.95 TBA

The Snap Blazer looks like the previously reissued Blazer kit from a few years ago, so maybe the "New Tool" label was intended for another kit?

mpc797.jpg

This will be the Third issue of that Rescue Blazer and Fourth of the kit itself!!

New Tool. NO Way

It was re-issue only a few years ago as a 75 Not showing, but including all

the rescue parts & decals Identical to the first Rescue issue.

If they were going to re-tool it, why not make it a Full Glue kit??

• 2 weeks later...

There was an original one of those listed on eBay this morning for $195. The description goes on and on about it being never reissued. I was very tempted to e-mail the seller and tell him he better find that sucker who didn't know, was impatient or needed to have an original kit because the value of his object was about to severely plummet.

Edited by niteowl7710

There was an original one of those listed on eBay this morning for $195. The description goes on and on about it being never reissued. I was very tempted to e-mail the seller and tell him he better find that sucker who didn't know, was impatient or needed to have an original kit because the value of his object was about to severely plummet.

I had three mint unbuilts at one time.....Mine came from Dean Milanos Model Kit museum..That's the one I held on to....Other two were sold on eBay to pay bills.

I also noticed that the Promo-style 1974 Barracuda is slated for reissue , too !

Why does *that* excite me ? That kit represents a rarety in the "1:1" realm : a non-'Cuda model with the 360 (flat hood gives it away) !!

A BS23L4 is rare in and of its self , but a BH23L4 is a virtual anomaly !

Can't wait for a "proper" reissue of the 1975-1976 Dart Sport ! Hopefully , the braintrust at Round2 will see fit to return that kit to its 1976 Annual origins , but with some updates / additions ; the wheels and tyres from the Smokey Chaser (or whatever that 1977 issue of that kit was called) would be most welcomed ...

... especially instead of those grotesque "dartboard" wheels from the '75-'76 annual :wacko: . And , a full complement of freshie decals would be great , too (in es , factory stripe option ; and , perhaps , some Hang 10 decals !).

Am I the only one who'd really like to see Round2 re-release the old MPC whitewall tyres from the 1974 & earlier annuals ?

We get the G70's in a few kits. Not white walled, but we have gotten them.

The F-70's were in the Model King 70 Pontiac Bonneville convertible with Boat.

Agin not printed whit the white walls, but we did get them. I was surprised about that though,

I thought they had been altered into the similar size Polyglass tires in many mid-size cars since the mid 70's.

I too would like to see them white walled again. I would also like to see MPC's original Power-Cushion's re-issued.

How long before we get the Firestone Supreme's with Redlines on one side & Whites on the other??

Or even the Blue/Red or Blue/White option??

Well personally I needed some good news today and the return of the Petty kit car was it! I have tried litterally dozens of times to snag an example of this kit on ebay, but the price always goes higher than I can pay. Even for junk ones! Now I can get a couple or three of them for what I would have paid for an original. I'm very happy. :D