Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 Camaro Nomad

Randy Kern

I just finished this curbside for the Toledo show. This is Jimmy Flintstone's Nomad body for the new Camaro, with a PSF Hobbies hood and chin spoiler. Paint is Dupli-Color Arcadia Green and Silver. As a lower cost alternative, I decided to try the latest Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss on it to see how it performed, and it sprayed on and polished out beautifully.

The wheels were given a shot of dull-cote. I also made cargo area bed sides, using embossing powder for carpet.

I didn't like the grille grid, so I put a piece of plastic mesh over it for a different look.

Here's another wagon I'd love to have in my garage! Thanks for looking.

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3970.jpg

IMG_3995-1.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

Hey, what's up with you and the Station Wagons lately??? ;) Well, they look cool and this one is just sweet!!! How did you like the Krylon Crystal Clear, I have 2 cans of that thing and heard that it's a nice clear to use. Did you shoot it straight out of the can? Does it polish good???

Thanks for the kind words, guys. This was a fun, fairly quick build. I thought I'd go with Lyle's idea of this being the year of resin builds. After all, he is a trend setter! :lol: As far as wagon master, only if I would have done Steve Milberry's '58 Pontiac Safari, or Bob Downie's Magnissimo. Both over the top! Hey, I'm excited about my first trip to Toledo, and putting some faces to the names, and especially hoping that George 53 character is there! :lol: :lol:

Looks great! Very clean. Nothing against your build, but i never liked how, whoever mastered this body, had done the rear windows. They just didn't fit with the rest of the design of the body. I like what you have done with the treatment to the front. Keep up the excellent work!