Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dreaming of a model?

YES! YES! YES! I'd explain how I feel, but this a family forum!

I want a dozen each Lakewoods and Greenbriars! Especially if they make it so it can be built as a cargo or passenger van or the camper conversion parts. That would be fun, too.

Charlie Larkin

Today is the day for all who live in the arid zone.

AMT_62_Monza.jpg

AMT_61_Lakewood.jpg

AMT_61_Greenbriar.jpg

AMT_65_Monza.jpg

Christian, you are THE MAN!!! I'll take a case of each of 'em, please.

(... But you ought to talk to your inside man at AMT about that '62 Monza coupe kit, since the artwork is of a 1960 model. I've seen typos on kit boxes before, so it wouldn't be the first time! :lol:)

I thought the earliest Monza is the '61?

'62 was the first year for the Monza.

The 1960 Monza was a mid-year introduction, unveiled in February of 1960. It was only available as a Club Coupe at first. Until that time, ALL Corvairs were sedans. The base-model 500 and mid-level 700 got coupes at thaty time too. In 1961, the Monza expanded into the sedan lineup, but the new-for 1961 Lakewood station wagons were available only as 500s and 700s. In 1962, the wagons lost the Lakewood name and their 500s, buit the Monza was now available. The slow-selling wagon was discontinued mid-year to allow room on the production line for the new convertibles.

1960 Monza Club Coupe:

1960Monza.jpg

1961 Monza Club Coupe:

1961_Chevrolet_Corvair_Monza.jpg

1962 Monza Spyder Club Coupe:

1962CorvairMonzaSpyder.jpg

This would be cool to have on stash too. I would get two of them, other would be a Replica of my Dad's car, he used to own in the '80s. It was never finished, though, but I would build it just like he planned to do. Other would be bit like the car in the picture, so it would be Box Stock. :lol:

AMT64Chevelle.jpg

I'd like to get this one too, since I like Group B Rally Cars. Nowadays those WRC Rally Cars don't interest me, but these old Group B cars are great. Especially the Lancia S4 driven by Henri Toivonen & Sergio Cresto.

HasegawaLanciaS4.jpg

Oh and I had to test how my '57 Chevy would look in Monogram's box. :lol:

Monogram57Chevy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to get a Model Kit of Edsel Bermuda '58. AMT 2 In 1 Kit would include some Custom parts too, that would be great to have...

AMT58EdselBermuda2In1.jpg

Other one what would be very interesting, is Chevrolet Malibu Classic. Great basis for Street Rat style build, or Stock Eliminator Drag Racer. :lol:

MonogramChevyMalibuClassic.jpg

And '63 Impala Z11 would be very interesting, too. This kit would be great basis for other '63 Chevy builds, since I've heard that Revell's body is not correct shape, and AMT's only good part is the body.

AMT63ChevyZ11.jpg

The Bermuda would result in at least one or two sales to me, anyway. An A (later G)-body Malibu would also be well-received by me, and if a wagon, in cases, especially if the correct nose-clips and interiors were supplied to make all four variants; and were all of them came with 305s one model year or another, one engine could be supplied!

I never heard the incorrect body leveled at Revell's '63 Chevy, although I'd imagine you could put the AMT body on the Revell chassis and interior and get a pretty decent model if that is in fact the case.

Charlie Larkin

• 4 months later...

Thought it would be interesting to see if anyone has had any strange or weird model related dreams. I had one last night. I bought this Revell kit, it had nicely done tampo printed tires, they were redline on one side, narrow whitewalls on the other, but they were the old Michilen TRX tires, and Reell didnt even remove the old lettering!