Model Cars Magazine Forum

this is pretty cool :) everytime I see the title to this topic it reminds me of the show 'family guy', if you know the show, you'll get it B)

can I offer a suggestion? the headers, I think they would look cool if they were shorter and came out of your 'fuselage' portion of the body. just throwing that idea out there.

looks cool, keep at it. also, when done, do you hang it up like air craft, or park it like a truck?? :P

this is pretty cool :) everytime I see the title to this topic it reminds me of the show 'family guy', if you know the show, you'll get it

can I offer a suggestion? the headers, I think they would look cool if they were shorter and came out of your 'fuselage' portion of the body. just throwing that idea out there.

looks cool, keep at it. also, when done, do you hang it up like air craft, or park it like a truck?? :P

To the Peter-copter!! Ha! Yes, I was thinking the same thing.

I appreciate the input. Im open to all ideas and suggestions. To make a couple of silly puns, Im really flying by the seat of my pants with this one, and kinda goin where the wind takes me. It started as a simple drawing and has led to this. Every time I finish a small part of the build, I have no idea what Im going to do next. Thats kind of the fun in hows its turning out. I might leave the headers as is, or I might bend them upwards. I dont think Im going to run them thru the body because Im doing that on my drag truck. But who knows what will happen! Stay tuned!

As for how Im going to display it, how about a flatbed that is made into an aircraft carrier?

Edited by Superpeterbilt

• 3 weeks later...

Every time I look at this I dont know what I am more impressed with - your scratch skills or your drawing.....

Thanks Sean. With a truck build I can usually envision the finished truck down to every detail. With this build, the idea was so off the wall that I had to sketch it to even know where to start. This whole build is new territory. The plane kit made me feel like a ten year old sitting down with my first model again, even though I didnt use that much of it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

After getting some grief from a friend about not finishing this, I pulled it down and got back to work. The reason I put it up was it suffered a nasty spill onto some concrete. It was pretty damaged, and after all of the work put in I was pretty disheartened. Ive repaired the damage, except the front axle is still broken. I rebuilt all of the hood, and finished filling in the various holes. I proceded with getting some more of the rear body built, but Im not happy with part of it. I dont know how I want to fix it yet, so Im leaving it be. As soon as the body is wrapped up, I need to finish the drivetrain, fuel tank, cockpit, and I think its going to have a roll cage. I also added the rest of the parts to the wings. Questions , comments, critisizm, and ideas are always welcome.

5BD8D34A-6B7A-49D1-A443-4A58A53357AC_zps

BE04D18F-6E87-4F07-A1C2-80A3C5605E04_zps

825E4B4D-E732-44D1-93FA-5190E5707BF0_zps

EFBCE62A-822C-4D06-9100-F47706AB3FCC_zps

0A653AAD-6127-4030-8077-2F4DCCF589F3_zps

C94EFFDE-F3FE-4BAA-BF74-077E17D7D34D_zps

Oscar Jones dropped by to check out the progress

C764DB73-81DA-4D1B-BC64-C6A8B097B73F_zps

How did I (and Lugnut) of all people miss this one? Absolutely fantastic!

It will be real interesting to see what kind of paint job goes on all these builds. A sound effects chip perhaps?

If you are so interested, see below. Very cheap and very small. This is from www.electroschematics.com.

Say "Hi" to Oscar!

Peace.

Edited by olsbooks

Ah geeze, I was not aware this one had taken a tumble. :( I am happy to see it back in the spotlight again though.

Think among the intro of Col. Steve Austin - "Gentlemen, We Can Rebuild It. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first Peter Plane .

Man that Oscar Jones has grown since the last pic I saw :blink:

Edited by Old Buckaroo

How did I (and Lugnut) of all people miss this one? Absolutely fantastic!

It will be real interesting to see what kind of paint job goes on all these builds. A sound effects chip perhaps?

Say "Hi" to Oscar!

Peace.

My plan for the paint scheme on the PeterPlane is to do the whole thing in Alclad with the shark face on the side of the hood.

7F6DEB33-2107-4CCE-9CD1-D7DFBEF8B4D6_zps

The plan for the Pete Drag truck is white body, red frame, sort of a Super Boss inspired theme.

The Double Dozen KW will be jet black.

Oscar says Howdy! (hes a country dog)

Ah geeze, I was not aware this one had taken a tumble. :( I am happy to see it back in the spotlight again though.

Think among the intro of Col. Steve Austin - "Gentlemen, We Can Rebuild It. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first Peter Plane .

Man that Oscar Jones has grown since the last pic I saw :blink:

Yeah, I brought it too a club meeting, and on the way out of the hobby shop the wing hooked the door and it pulled it right off of the tray I was carrying with 6 other trucks on it that I was not going to drop to catch it, so I just had to watch it smack the parking lot and shatter.

As for Oscar, hes growing in the middle for sure. Lazy Bones Jones loves riding in the truck though. When he was a pup I brought him on a trip to Florida and he whimpered the entire way there and back. Now, hes not happy unless hes riding shotgun.

2B86BC15-61D2-41B4-914A-439FAC8D35DE_zps