Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Models Great Dane reefer update

Dave Metzner

I've made no changes on my Smug Mug galleries, you should be able to see all the photos that have been posted t them.

The photos of the WalMart trailer and LoneStar are the work of Guido Kehder in Germany.

Guido does super work!

The trailer is ready for production now. ProStar is in tooling.

I'm away from my office for a few days so I can't give you anything more specific.

Dave

Edited by Dave Metzner

Glad you were able to hook up with Guido. He is a very talented builder. His Lonestar wrecker project rocks.

I've posted the link to it before If you haven't seen it check it out.

http://www.die-leitplanke.de/1-herzlich-willkommen/4-modelle-im-bau-gebaut/i-h-lone-star-wrecker-m-1-25/

use google translate to translate to your native language

Vince Putt

Guido does some of the nicest work I've seen. The Walmart livery on that test shot of our trailer is all done with masks and paint! NO decals!

His LoneStar wrecker is going to be spectacular when he gets it done.

Guido found us when we announced LoneStar - I believe that the LoneStar shown with the WalMart Trailer is a 1st or 2nd test shot -I know that it was built without the benefit of an instruction sheet - just some exploded drawings and a few photos.

One of the enjoyable parts of my job is getting to see what builders can do with our kits..

Dave

Guido writes for one of the German modeling magazines, Tim Ahlborn writes for MCM, they get test shots as do some other folks like Bill Coulter and Len Carsner.

That's done so that our kits can be reviewed and magazine / internet exposure can be had before kits are actually finished and shipped.

This is because the lead time for something to be published can be 60 days or more.

We'd like for our customers to see our kits in their favorite magazine around the same time as they find them on the store shelves.

BTW - the LoneStar in Guido;s photos of the trailer is a test shot too.

Hope this answers the question.

Dave

Guido is a good friend of mine. I meet him at exhibitions and have been at his home to see his hobby room. Only thing, he does not speak English. For me as a Dutchman not quite a problem but for you guys :D :D...... So if you want to pop him a question and need some translation work I'll be glad to help you out.

By the way: I wright for a Dutch magazine, does this mean I can get a pre-model as well :wub: :wub:

Thanks,

Hessel

Edited by Hessel

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmmm, just if I can find a container or two of these sitting around unattended my truck just might have to make it disappear LOL!!! Just kidding, but I know I have to find a hobby shop to get my rig into and get a few!!

By the way, is the reefer going to have any engine detail? I got some nice pics of a newer model ThermoKing unit at the Walcott Truckers Jamboree for detailing ideas.

Received this from BMLA, in reference to the upcoming Moebius trailer kit: He mistakenly thought the photo of the Moebius Thermo King I posted was a Carrier:

I had no idea about the 1/25th models out there, but it’s interesting to see. It looks like the Carrier you pictured doesn’t have any top detail – they left it off for some reason.

Anyway, if we can’t produce the models in 1/25th, we would be willing to sell our design artwork to a company working in that scale.

Best Regards,

Craig Martyn

BLMA Models

• 2 weeks later...

I myself have just about lost interest in building any models at this time.

Personal reasons have caused that.

However I have messed around with one lately and hope to get back into building again.

I have been watching this one from the start and will be glad when there on the market'because I have plans for one with a custom o/o

set up.

This trailer will get me back in the mood to build again I beleave.

Thank you again Dave for putting this trailer on the list for us to build.

As for future truck's how about a W-900 L with square lights long hood aero sleeper and plenty of chrome.

Edited by ewaskew

I myself have just about lost interest in building any models at this time.

Personal reasons have caused that.

However I have messed around with one lately and hope to get back into building again.

I have been watching this one from the start and will be glad when there on the market'because I have plans for one with a custom o/o

set up.

This trailer will get me back in the mood to build again I beleave.

Thank you again Dave for putting this trailer on the list for us to build.

As for future truck's how about a W-900 L with square lights long hood aero sleeper and plenty of chrome.

I second that request...