Model Cars Magazine Forum

? regarding highlighting detail....

we all know of the dry brushing technique used to accentuate the raised areas of areas to bring out the detail. Example, dry brushing silver or aluminum over a black dash to show the stereo details etc...

I was wondering if there was a reverse technique of some sort? Something that would achieve the opposite effect.

Specifically, I have a 79 Camaro that I want the grill to be blacked out. however I want there to be some sort of highlight that brings out the inner detail of the grill.. Almost something that would make you think that daylight was shining through.

I realize that I can just reverse the process and dry brush the black over a lighter base color. But I don't want to use Silver or aluminum. Any Ideas on a better base color? or even ideas on a different technique? I'm open to any and all possibilities.

thanks-epi

we all know of the dry brushing technique used to accentuate the raised areas of areas to bring out the detail. Example, dry brushing silver or aluminum over a black dash to show the stereo details etc...

I was wondering if there was a reverse technique of some sort? Something that would achieve the opposite effect.

Specifically, I have a 79 Camaro that I want the grill to be blacked out. however I want there to be some sort of highlight that brings out the inner detail of the grill.. Almost something that would make you think that daylight was shining through.

I realize that I can just reverse the process and dry brush the black over a lighter base color. But I don't want to use Silver or aluminum. Any Ideas on a better base color? or even ideas on a different technique? I'm open to any and all possibilities.

thanks-epi

Bare metal foil over the face, then brush paint the area's and wipe away the paint on the bare metal foil.