Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Style Chevy PU W/out Deluxe Corner Windows & GMC Grille?

Hi all! :D Does anyone know of a resin caster who produces a standard el cheapo model 1948 - 53 Chevy pickup cab? I want one without the corner windows and rather than patch them up on a cab that I have, I'd just as soon just buy an already converted resin cab. Also, is there a '54 or early '55 cab available in a Chev or GMC?

And finally, does anyone produce a GMC grille for a 48 - early '55 pickup? Thanks. :):):)

I'm not aware of any cabs that are a standard 3 window. Maybe there is a COE cab that can be modified? I have a 1:1 1948 GMC 3/4 ton standard cab (3 window) that i'm planning on doing a scale model of at some point. I have a few of the new AMT Texaco trucks that i'm going to use for my build. Also i'm pretty sure there are some major differneces in GMC grills. The 47-48 GMC grills are 3 bar and 49+ are 4 bar. and at some point towards the end of the advance desing error they went to the very large chrome grill

Thanks guys. I am positive that someone was selling a three window stock roof height cab. My builds are usually factory stock and I am not into the chopped look at all. The only possible exception that comes to mind at the moment may be a 49/50 Mercury. I kind of like the corner windows but my project is a replica of a Chevy truck that my dad had when I was a kid and it was a three window. If I have to fill in those windows, I may try using automotive two part glaze putty as it's easy to sand and I can maybe build the filler enough over several light coats to actually get rid of those windows. I do have a plan but I'd just rather not do it that way. :mellow:<_<

you could try is gluing the window in to be used as filler... then putty over it ( because with out some kind of backing and if it's too thick it will shrink too much and crack.. )

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :(

I guess that it's been a long day - or life :wacko: Problem solved. Than you for the suggestion. :):):)

I'd still like to get a resin three window cab though. :)