Model Cars Magazine Forum

ALMOST Factory Stocker 66 El Camino

Here are a few pics of the build I did of my Grandpa's 1:1 El Camino. There are a few things here that aren't factory, like the white inner fenders. But, it's pretty close.

IMG_0586_zps0b734242.jpg

IMG_0587_zps84eef5c8.jpg

IMG_0588_zps3df11b74.jpg

IMG_0589_zps8de13815.jpg

IMG_0590_zpsad1dd530.jpg

IMG_0591_zps76ce7cd4.jpg

IMG_0592_zps2a4d7fd9.jpg

IMG_0593_zps118fe009.jpg

Ths is and was at the time a pretty big break fom the norm for me, as I uually don't build stock class cars, or Chevies.

Thanks for looking.

Corey

Looks Good! Also great to see one Chevy from your bench. :lol:

I like the overall clean look on this one, paint is smooth and nice too. I like the details alot. Overall very clean build, and it's nice to see Factory Stock El Camino, instead of Pro Touring style build. B)

Great Job.

Thanks Niko, and Darbo.

Yeah Niko, you don't see too many come off of my bench. And most people do build em as pro touring machines,

I DO have one more Chevy in my collection. I built it as a tribute to one of my best friends after he passed away.

It is almost a replica of his 1:1.

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0199-1.jpg

Thanks again guys.

Corey

Edited by dimebolt

That's Another beautiful Chevy there!

I really like the look of non-chromed Centerline wheels with that color combo. B)

Thanks again Niko.

Can't hardly believe I've got TWO of them huh? LOL.

His looked EXACTLY like this. Had to tone down the chrome a bit to get it right.

Yeah man this was a really hard one for me. I built this one in tribute RIGHT after he passed. Had a really hard time getting through it. Spent ALOT of time with him in and around ths car.

Wanted to build it for him forever, and just never got to it. His wife and kids have it now, but am going to do another for me.

Corey

Great job, especially on the chrome trim, and the attention to the rubber blades on the wipers is not often seen. Kudos. (PS: I think your shots would look a lot better if you used a background of large white paper or butcher wrapping paper - that busy background really gets in the way of appreciating this quality model.)

I like the Camaro much better, but I love modified lol. The Elco is also very nicely done. Looks real to me, which says something. That exhaust is especially cool.

Yeah me too. But the Elco was pretty special to me too. It was a stocker, but a fast one! That 396 4 spd was just a monster.

Corey