Model Cars Magazine Forum

05 #7 Robby Gordon "Harrah's" Monte Carlo

Mach2

Whew, finally got this one finished. This is by far not well done. I put the tape on the wrong side for the separation line on the B and C pillars which made the yellow too high on both sides. I've always said I'd rather be lucky than good sometimes, in this case it's true. I have a set of BIC Mark It permanent markers, like Sharpie, but different colors. The purple one is a dead on match for the purple paint so I used it to make the yellow areas purple. It's hard to see, but I know it's there. :rant: :pissed: :rant: Should've been more careful. Then I forgot the rubber ducts for each rear quarter window and the "X" roll cage brace behind the seat. Jeez, I really went to sleep on this one.

Beautiful colors, too bad the digital camera can't replicate the shade of chartreuse and purple.

finisheda.jpg

finishedb.jpg

finishedc.jpg

finishedd.jpg

finishede.jpg

finishedf.jpg

finishedg.jpg

finishedk.jpg

Used a different background, and base, to see if the purple would show better. It didn't. :idunno:

finishedi.jpg

finishedj.jpg

Edited by Mach2

Nice job ! Is there an actual tearaway sheet on the windshield ?

Yes, I make the tear off's. I've made templates for each model windshield, 00-02/03-05/06-07 Monte Carlos, 02 & 04 Dodges and 05 Taurus from yellow post-it notes. Leave the sticky part of the post-it on for the top of the tear off template, this helps hold the template in place while cutting the plastic. Get a small mirror, 4" x 6", and lay a small piece of kitchen plastic wrap down on the mirror. You have to lift a corner up and lay it down a couple times to get the plastic wrap smoothed out. Lay the correct yellow post-it template on the plastic and cut around the edge with a sharp #11 x-acto blade. Lift the template off and put it back with the rest of the post-it templates, and lift the cut piece of plastic wrap off and transfer the plastic to the windshield. It takes a little patience to get the plastic tear off in place and all smoothed out but it's worth it. I use JWTBM goodie sheets, and Mike70SS's 08 goodie sheet, for the triangle tear off tab decals and center windshield inspection dots.

Here is a link to a How To Folder on another NASCAR Model Forum. I make the window nets too as well as other details. I love to do the details. I don't build and install the engines nor do I detail the bottom of the chassis. I do detail the exterior of the body, the interior and the wheels/tires.

http://randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforu...pic.php?t=43450