Model Cars Magazine Forum

PEGASUS! Flying Mustang A/G Racer...WIP 3-29-13

Ira

ENGINE DETAILS...

These Engines look real nice built up, I like them, ordered another kit from Ebay!
I have added a few more parts and painted some details on the Engines. Still have to add all of the "Gas ?" Lines...Almost Finished!

DSCN2055P_zps05145d68.jpg

More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

BACK MAC DOOR!!!

I cut out a Rear Door from sheet plastic, then cut out the window opening...

DSCN2052P_zps6d5bc73a.jpg

Next I painted it Flat Black, added clear Lexan for the window and a MAC Decal!

DSCN2063P_zps166f057f.jpg

Edited by Ira

Looks great but i hate to think that Mac Tools would still be around in the future with all the trash tools they sell. lol How are you planning on doing window glass now that the dash is in it?

THANKS!

By the way this isn't a future build, why wait, lets go A/G Racing now!

Thanks for asking!

I used a product I just heard about, its called "Formula 560" Canopy Glue. I just glued the windows in and the Canopy Glue went on nice & even, dried quickly and pretty clear!

Edited by Ira

GLASS & CHROME!!!

Glueing the windows in was a little tricky. The right side window needed some trimming to fit, the others were a good fit. I used "Formula 560" Canopy Glue for the first time and I am impressed. Formula 560 applies easily, flows very evenly, dries fast and very clear!

DSCN2118P_zps684ad0cc.jpg

I cut down the sides of the 16th scale Mustang Grill and glued it in place...

DSCN2115P_zpsdb87a548.jpg

A Little More Coming... B)

Edited by Ira

Ok, I kept skippin' this thread, The title just didn't inspire me. But I kept seein' you guys posting, adding page after page. So.. I finally checked it out, thinkin' to myself that this is going to be lame. Well guys, I was wrong. This is one really cool build. I especially liked the use of the pod racer engines. This is one very creative build. Just proves that you can't judge a thread by its title.

Edited by uncle potts

Ok, I kept skippin' this thread, The title just didn't inspire me. But I kept seein' you guys posting, adding page after page. So.. I finally checked it out, thinkin' to myself that this is going to be lame. Well guys, I was wrong. This is one really cool build. I especially liked the use of the pod racer engines. This is one very creative build. Just proves that you can't judge a thread by its title.

Hey Paul. Never and I mean never miss anything Ira is building. They are all great and well worth the look.

You got me chewing my nails in anticipation, Ira. Take your vitamins and keep it going, please.

Thank You Dr.!

Pegasus is Finished!

I need to edit the first batch of photos and them I'll start posting more photos...

THANKS for the kind words Paul!