Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag-u-la on Steroids

Nitrozilla

Mostly detail work for today. Distributor wired, rear rotors and calipers, fuel blocks (zero tolerence on back block between engine and firewall), brake light bar (will get 4 bejeweled gems for brake lights), and what the heck is that doo-dad that's labeled "Fuel Line Jig" ??

Could it be something that would allow the user to easily make metal fuel lines for not only an injector, but for a super charging air compressing huffer blower box unit also ?? (Yes, the one for the blower will fit an intake manifold too. Same width for our purposes.) Again a shining example of Yankee Eyeball Engineering.

Needs a little tweaking, but it should be a working deal. Please hold your applause until after the pics. Thank you.

And now, for the pics.........

2007-03-02003.jpg2007-03-02004.jpg2007-03-02005.jpg2007-03-01006.jpg2007-03-02002.jpg

Edited by Batzilla

Yes, the fun continues . . . excellent details . . . this one is going to be such as STAND-OUT build, I love it.

Darn Tootin' Doc. Wait 'til you see how much fun I'm having now. On Details. That STAND-OUT, and stuff.

Let's start with the candles in the headlights. I think I'm gonna' need Lasik after those. The tail lights are also done.

I decided to go with some pipe organ type spark plug boots. They'll sit a little lower when installed permanent like.

The headlights sucked up most of my build time today, and tomorrow I'm going to a local HobbyTown contest so kick back, relax and I'll let ya' know how the Jungle Jim car fairs. (WAAAAAAA, only one entry per person, WAAAAAAAA !!)

2007-03-03005.jpg2007-03-03006.jpg2007-03-03003.jpg

nice mods,,,,were did the coffin come from????

Hi Robert. Welcome to the board.This is the AMT Drag-u-la, from the Munsters. It's packed with the Munster Koach in a tin collector's box. Feel free to Google it or PM me for more info.

Update coming later today. Working on headers, valve covers, and I'm making the Top Fuel wing (sorta, kinda, in a way), and a box that will be a combo parachute / tail light / wing brace mount.

Film at 11 (if you're in a place where there's 6 hours difference from 5 PST).

BTW. the Jungle Jim Charger took 2nd place. No trophy or ribbon or plaque, but I do get $10.00 off when I buy my JJ reissue Vega.

Edited by Batzilla

As my late mother used to say, "Better a late Batzilla than no Zilla at all." Or words to that affect.

Thanx for putting up with my computer issues, ergo, the delay. I was trying to print a bat graphic and all of my printer related programs locked up. I thwarted the issue by downloading it to PhotoBucket and printed it from the net. Stupid computer, try to outsmart that, Watson !!

Now that I'm done extolling the benefits of having opposable thumbs, on to the update. Made a two element Top Fuel style Bat Wing and a mounting box for the chute, lights and wing. Need to make wing braces and do paint. Chute is prepped with holes for chute line and release wire. That'll get hooked up to a handle on the inside of the body, er, coffin.

Final prep for fuel line wiring is done with the headers and plug boots set up in pipe organ fashion. I still need to touch up the heat effects on the headers, but I have to blend with a brush and thin and blend and ............. I see an airbrush in my very near future.

BatWing-2.jpg2007-03-05001.jpg2007-03-05003.jpg2007-03-04001.jpg

Belated thanks for the compliments folks. I'm starting to see the end of fabrication and the really, really closeness of final paint and assembly.

Here's what for today. Set up wing, braces, torsion / wheelie bar ( I know you don't need torsion bars on a solid frame mounted rear axle. It came as a package deal), and I've laminated some ice cream sticks together for a wooden push bar.

2007-03-05004.jpg2007-03-05005.jpg2007-03-05006.jpg2007-03-05007.jpg2007-03-05008.jpg

Just a note to let ya'll know there will be pics later. Got lot'so paint done today with exception of the body. That's tomorrow now that I'm done with detail spray bomb type fixtures.

Got the blower and injectors wired. Wish I could say plumbed, but the budget isn't allowing for a/n fittings right now. :angry::(

I'll have pics of the finished interior tonite too.

See ya then. (Gimme a few hours. Sorry Florida and points east.)

great stuff Batzilla , enjoying the progress !will it be done in time for Halloween ? hehehe

I like the coffin/hearse type vehicles .

I spoke to the guy at Round 2 last week and he told me the Barnabus van comes out in December .. the one with the little coffin trailer.

I can't wait to get one...or 2

Edited by scalenut

Thanx Boyos. Andy, Halloween is a definate maybe. Today for instance, after being ultra certain the seat was a perfect fit with the rollcage, it helps to check length, height AND width. Especially in such tight quarters. How do they expect a person to be comfortable in that thing ?? Anyway, I had to shave at least 1/4" from the sides. It was either that or remake the rollcage, NOT !!

Holy Batwings!!! I don't know how I missed this but I'm on board now :) :) That blower looks awesome Joe!!

Randy

Glad to have the Rat Rod Wreckerman give a stamp of approval. If you think my blower looks good, please come to Victorville, CA November 5th. Don't bring any models, just sign up to be a judge. LOL

Yes, yes, more, more . . .

I think we have a styrene addict in the crowd........

Joe.......looking good!!!!!!........that wing is the coolest.

Ya' think so John ?? Well, here, take this, and that and oh, how cool am I ?? Check out the tyres !! I'm a full blown nut case and it's all somebody elses fault.

Sometimes we update because it's just time to and sometimes because we're behind on updating and other times because we've just blown our own mind !! This is why I build. Thank You Very Much !!

2007-03-08009.jpg2007-03-08010.jpg2007-03-08011.jpg