Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first WIP here; '70 Dodge Challenger T/A, Parts

Roadrunner

1 minute ago, tbill said:

See, this is why you shouldn’t rush a project, haha, looking good, glad you are back on track with this. 

Thanks a bunch. I feel that finishing it, warts and all, by the show here on October 29th, is very doable, and I'll be concentrating on it almost exclusively.

• Like 1

Just now, Roadrunner said:

Thanks a bunch. I feel that finishing it, warts and all, by the show here on October 29th, is very doable, and I'll be concentrating on it almost exclusively.

The ‘warts’ you see will never be seen by anyone else….., again, glad to see you getting back to this, color is fabulous, and it’s gonna be a knock out when finished.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Headlights now all polished and given an acrylic clear coat (on the backside). Thank goodness I have at least three kits to select parts from, as three out of four in two kits, had sink marks in the headlight center, right where the stupid post is; very frustrating, to say the least.

DSCN1242.JPG

Edited by Roadrunner
  • Like 1

Just now, Roadrunner said:

Thanks, Joe. I think it's actually going to turn out well.

Looking forward to it bud. Try not to put undo pressure on yourself for the show. Just focus on getting it done no matter if you miss the deadline. I crammed one year and missed stuff that I normally would've caught. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Looking forward to it bud. Try not to put undo pressure on yourself for the show. Just focus on getting it done no matter if you miss the deadline. I crammed one year and missed stuff that I normally would've caught. 

I still have over three weeks left, and that should be a snap. I've actually accomplished quite a lot, just not posted many photos.

On 10/6/2023 at 7:42 AM, David G. said:

Fabulous work so far! The paint and other details look great!

David G.

Thanks very much. I finally figured out a decent way to paint Molotow on the Dodge letters on the tail light too. I'll try to get a couple of photos of that in the next couple of days.

On my next T/A, which admittedly is a long ways off, I'll need to duplicate this in some manner. Molotow on the bare plastic headlight buckets looks just great, much better than when applied over the semi-gloss paint.

DSCN1253.JPG

Edited by Roadrunner

5 hours ago, Slotto said:

What paint is that blue? Its beautiful!  I'm sorry if I missed it if it was mentioned earlier. 

Testors Icy Blue metallic, old school. I recently bought three more cans of the stuff, and it seems to have larger flakes, which is unfortunate.

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Great shade of blue!

Thanks. I really like it too, but it's very metallicy, more like metalflake.