Model Cars Magazine Forum

dusenberg

Hippie

hello,

this isn't my normal meduim but i had a idea i wanted to try, what if dusenberg had never closed their door, i think they would of fallowed the same path as bugati, makeing crazy fast cars, but with all the hertige muscle cars dusenberg when back to the 30's

no rims yet, i'm still working on those tyring to do a bbs mixed with wire weals

ffff.png

(i know the signuture looks stupid but it appears more profaessinal :lol: )

thanks for any input

The rear end is fighting the overall design. I think you need to enlarge the rear fenders and continue the arcing shape of the roofline. Also, that weirdly shaped front wheel cutout is awkward... it needs to be rounded. This is a quick PS hack job... literally 2-3 minutes,,, but you get the idea.

ffff.jpg

It's a good start, though, and a nice idea. You just need to work out the details and come up with a more cohesive design where all the elements work together instead of fighting each other.

Yeah great design. For aeros and to keep with the traditional but update, look at art decco era stuff. Most designs can be updated easily because the lines flow so easy like modern cars. I have studied a lot with this era of cars. If you don't mind a slight hijacking this is my design for my own company called Masterson Brothers (old family name) it would be powered by a twin turbo V12 Lambo engine and 6 speed.

1027080524a.jpg

Funny I used to work in pencil all the time. Until I wanted color and then yesterday decided to do more pencil lol. The way you sketched yours out is usually what I end up with until I brain storm somemore. I have 100s of various size pieces of paper with little sketches from components to vehicles and everything in between. Keep up the good work though. Sorry again if I hijacked it. And on an end note do like Harry said and round out the fender wells. But if you notice on mine, the back of the fenderwells pretty much are in line with the tops of the fenders like a tear drop shape. The roof and door design is good as there were a few cars that had that in that era but try and do a little more work on it to make it look more Duse then Bugatti. With yours and Harry's idea mixed maybe try this with the back:

ffff.jpg

Edited by ARTEMIS1759

hello thanks guys for the input, i re drew it yesterday, sorry artemis i ended up drawing it before you posted, but it kinda looks like yours.

and also i don't mind at all about hijackeing the thread i would love to see any body doing a new take on a old clasic.

ffsdf.png

thanks for looking