Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

I'd love to get hold of the "Mannix" kit, as I like TV & movie related models. I saw the real (?) Mannix car at a "Stars Cars" museum in the tourist-trap town of Gatlinburg, Tennessee.

I was actually lucky enough to find an unbuilt "Cosma Ray" at a swap meet a few years ago - it cost me dearly. I love Starbird custom cars, and wish that more of them had been kitted. I think that one of the resin casters is now offering a repop of the Cosma Ray.

I have the 1/8 scale Vette, which I got as a kid back in the 70s. One of those rare items that has survived from my childhood. We should start a new theme on who has had a model car for the longest time. Of course, some of you guys have probably been building since '55, and got a head start on me.....

I'd love to get hold of the "Mannix" kit, as I like TV & movie related models. I saw the real (?) Mannix car at a "Stars Cars" museum in the tourist-trap town of Gatlinburg, Tennessee.

I was actually lucky enough to find an unbuilt "Cosma Ray" at a swap meet a few years ago - it cost me dearly. I love Starbird custom cars, and wish that more of them had been kitted. I think that one of the resin casters is now offering a repop of the Cosma Ray.

I have the 1/8 scale Vette, which I got as a kid back in the 70s. One of those rare items that has survived from my childhood. We should start a new theme on who has had a model car for the longest time. Of course, some of you guys have probably been building since '55, and got a head start on me.....

On the who has a model from their childhood, yes . I still have an un altered , un adulterated an untouched 1964 AMT Ford Galaxy and a 1961 AMT Styline Ford Ranchero .................

Ever seen this rare one? It's an adaptation of the equally rare "Man from Uncle" model kit from the 1960s TV show. Also known as the "Piranha"...

Took me a long time to find this one to add to my collection of Corvair-powered vehicles.

post-10758-0-20549300-1364181406_thumb.j

Ever seen this rare one? It's an adaptation of the equally rare "Man from Uncle" model kit from the 1960s TV show. Also known as the "Piranha"...

Took me a long time to find this one to add to my collection of Corvair-powered vehicles.

Saw those "Uncle"-Cars couple days ago. Really cool kits!