Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tweedy Pie parts

Dave

4 hours ago, Jon Haigwood said:

I just picked up the new kit and it doesn't  seem to include the chrome band going around the right side of the tank. Did you scratch build it or did it come in the RM kit?

Yes, I scratchbuilt that part. It's been a while, but I seem to remember instructions in the R&M kit telling the builder to do so. Looks like I used a strip of BMF (still on the backing) with a small pinhead for the bolt.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RancheroSteve said:

Yes, I scratchbuilt that part. It's been a while, but I seem to remember instructions in the R&M kit telling the builder to do so. Looks like I used a strip of BMF (still on the backing) with a small pinhead for the bolt.

Tanks I did notice in your RM list of parts it showed  .010 x .080 piece of styrene. I assumed that was what it was for. Since I have the Tweedy II and the new release I will probably build the original flathead version and one of the later versions. Still trying to find the original style bias tires in big-n-little. 

1 hour ago, Jon Haigwood said:

Tanks I did notice in your RM list of parts it showed  .010 x .080 piece of styrene. I assumed that was what it was for. Since I have the Tweedy II and the new release I will probably build the original flathead version and one of the later versions. Still trying to find the original style bias tires in big-n-little. 

Like I said, it's been a while since I built that, so maybe I did use that supplied piece of plastic and cover it with BMF? 

Anyway, it would be cool to see someone build the flathead version! Have you checked with R&M for the original style tires?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 12:31 PM, RancheroSteve said:

Like I said, it's been a while since I built that, so maybe I did use that supplied piece of plastic and cover it with BMF? 

Anyway, it would be cool to see someone build the flathead version! Have you checked with R&M for the original style tires?

The Original flathead version has been on my bucket list ever since I saw in one of Andy Southard's books. I'd probably use the rolling stock from the Revell 40 Ford on it. For the later Roth version simply pick up a Beatnik Bandit.

TWEEDYPIE01-vi (1).jpg