Model Cars Magazine Forum

I think I found the real Revell GMC Plow Truck...

Jim, they made the hood weak in the middle so the dang things would fold in a front end collision . Problem was , NO ONE greased the hood hinges ! So....................., what happens , the hoods folded anyway ! Then folks like me started manufacturing Chevrolet Hood stiffners to folks around Houston . OH Man, I couldn't keep em around back in da day . Gee, I wish it were 1976 again an I was still in Houston makin all da mo mo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That bent truck hood is funny as heck..what were the manufactures thinking.

Typical GM of that era. My father's 71 BelAir had hook kinks right at the front of the hinge mount from the same issue.

GM pickups of that era were notorious rust buckets. Someone said that they didn't even paint the inside of the body panels. Looking at this truck, it seems every panel on that body was replaced!

Typical GM of that era. My father's 71 BelAir had hook kinks right at the front of the hinge mount from the same issue.

GM pickups of that era were notorious rust buckets. Someone said that they didn't even paint the inside of the body panels. Looking at this truck, it seems every panel on that body was replaced!

Tom most of the guys I know that used Chevy's to plow with used assembled (from parts) trucks. Parts are cheaper than a new truck. Just fix what was broke or rusted.

All vehicles get a elpo dip, which seals the metal, then they are dipped into an electro static bath that fuses the paint to the metal. There are NO bare metal surfaces FROM the FACTORY. Replacement parts are only shot with a temporary moistureproof type of coating. They WILL rust if not primed.

I like the dirty engine bay with the brand new carb on top of it all. I've tried to duplicate those things in models and have been criticized because I didn't weather that part. Some things don't translate well to models.

Next time that happens, pull up this picture and let 'em have it. B)