Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rex White 58 Chevy

MarkJ

AMT 58 Impala kit. Testors 2 part lacquer. Homemade decals printed on white and clear Testors decal sheets. Roof was changed from hardtop to sedan. This is the 8th of 11 Rex White cars I plan to build.

Fixed some more photobucket links.

58rex9.jpg

58rex12.jpg

58rex15.jpg

58rex24.jpg

58rex28.jpg

58rex29.jpg

58rex21.jpg

ltsideftmidup.jpg

ltsidemidup.jpg

ltsideuprear.jpg

rtsideflat.jpg

rtsideupfront.jpg

rtsidefrontengine.jpg

Edited by MarkJ

That looks great, but I've got to wonder what's going on with the windshield in a couple of those real pics?? Is that a 50's version of tear-offs???

Brett, my guess is that it might have been a piece of plexiglass to protect the driver in case a piece of metal tryed to come through the windshield. I did'nt want to add it to the model because I was'nt sure and nobody seemed to know.

Oh yes, another beauty Mark. I love this car. Where do you get all your information on these cars? I want to build Jim Reed's 59 Impala and I'm having a hard time finding any good reference pictures of it. Again, great build and conversion. Dan

Oh yes, another beauty Mark. I love this car. Where do you get all your information on these cars? I want to build Jim Reed's 59 Impala and I'm having a hard time finding any good reference pictures of it. Again, great build and conversion. Dan

Dan , I get a lot of information from the guys at the Randy Ayers site. I also have a lot of books I have purchased over the years. I have some pictures of Jim Reeds 59. I just need to scan them and I'll post them .

Dan here are three pictures I found of Jim Reed's 59 Chevy I scanned from books I have. I'm sure if you go to Raytona's Fotki site you can find more. Just google it. Billy Kingsley also has many pictures in his Fotki site but I can't remember what he calls it. I think its El Camino Billy.

jreedrtdoor.jpg

jreedrtside.jpg

jreedbanking.jpg

• 2 months later...

This is AWEOME and perfect!!!! Haven't seen this before, but it looks very cool. That paintjob is perfect and decals are very nicely in place. Engine looks good and nice to see 348" under the hood. Idea is very very good, I've never seen before '58 Impala NASCAR racer... This is just very very cool. Keep these great models coming. :)

This is AWEOME and perfect!!!! Haven't seen this before, but it looks very cool. That paintjob is perfect and decals are very nicely in place. Engine looks good and nice to see 348" under the hood. Idea is very very good, I've never seen before '58 Impala NASCAR racer... This is just very very cool. Keep these great models coming. :)

Thank you Niko. It's great to see there are Vintage Nascar fans in Finland.

It's just very sad that here are no Nascar speedways here... :) Sometime I have to come and watch Daytona 500 race to the USA... I have that '57 Chevy "Black Widow" on the work bench section, that will of course be oval track racer, as my '72 Ford Torino... But your model looks awesome!

Edited by W-409