Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Charger 500 Pro Street

Speedpro

Thanks for the comments everyone, really appreciate it.

Worked on the roll bar and got it fit. There will be two bars going to the rear through the package tray that will be put on later. Don't know if I'm going to add any more bars.

showstuff100_zps9eae656b.jpg

showstuff104_zps52c67a53.jpg

Also did some work on the dash. Had to add some material to the right top dash pad and shape it to fit. The right side of the dash face is so thin you can see through it. Have fix that also.

showstuff110_zpsda080be0.jpg

Got the body paint black inside and now taped off and ready for some primer. Try to get some paint on it this weekend, maybe.

showstuff103_zpsc3fcdbbe.jpg

showstuff101_zps4d1c1903.jpg

Thanks for looking and more to come................

Thanks guy's.

Great work on this build. Did you make the roll cage? it looks great...

Yes slusher, That's my handy work and thank you.

Worked some more on getting the dash in and fit around the roll cage. First off the dash sat in the interior bucket very poorly. I shimmed it up on both sides and leveled it. Then I took my round file and made the slots in the dash for the roll cage to slip into. In this photo you can see the hole on the right side of the dash. This area was so thin I couldn't work with it . So that area was cut out and will be filled. This parts getting pretty flimsy to handle.

004_zps29f16af2.jpg

006_zps48d496a0.jpg

Here's a look at the roll cage with the rear bars that will pass through the package tray.

005_zpsecb3e269.jpg

Also worked on the radiator and support. A new support was made out of sheet plastic. The new radiator came from the parts box and the top tank is from the original rad from the kit.

001_zpse2ee5da2.jpg

004_zpsb734b8c5.jpg

005_zpscc88aff3.jpg

More to come..........

Here's a update on the charger. I but a thin coat of primer on the body and found a few small areas to take care of before the final coat of primer. While the primer is drying I went after the engine. To be honest ,I really wasn't sure if I was even going to use it. But I'm sticking to the original plan and use as much of the kit I can. The block and heads were put together and then started putting the machined blower pulley's on. Using some tubing that fit the shaft of the pulley, I made small pieces that are put into the block to mount the pulley's and give them some support. I also have a couple pictures of the radiator support in the car I missed that I wanted to show you.

showstuff135_zps17708749.jpg

007_zps345e2548.jpg

006_zps17af776e.jpg

001_zps1f5b3ca8.jpg

More to come........

great job so far on a not so good kit, everything is going together well. I would add a bar on the cage from the main hoop down to the floor for some rigidity. (see picture)

post-5121-0-95893800-1395229809_thumb.jp

it can attach to the vertical front bar or attach to the floor in front of that same bar.

keep going man... it's really shaping up.

btw - I have of these 2 started and as you say you want to use most of the kit parts, for my stock build and my pro street car, I used the bodies and nothing else. lot of parts from the revel 68, 69 charger and Daytona. just cant handle the kit stuff, almost as bad as a Johan!! let me know if something goes wrong with any parts for this build, I have plenty.

Got a little more done and I'm real happy to see the yellow going away.

mnwildpunk, Sorry for assaulting your eyes. Hope this update helps

great job so far on a not so good kit, everything is going together well. I would add a bar on the cage from the main hoop down to the floor for some rigidity. (see picture)

Thanks for the advise tubbs. Thought about adding more bars to the cage. Well, I ended up doing it. Added the down bars and also put the rear bars in place. Just hope it goes back in easier than it was coming out. Broke it coming out the first time......

005_zpse8105138.jpg

Engine has been primed and painted. Did some paint details and put bmf on the front cover. Then cleared........

002_zps57331f35.jpg

And here is the body. It was sprayed with MM dark brown metallic.

008_zps1182e835.jpg

007_zpsc73a2620.jpg

That's it for now. Thanks for looking.

Thanks for the advise tubbs. Thought about adding more bars to the cage. Well, I ended up doing it. Added the down bars and also put the rear bars in place. Just hope it goes back in easier than it was coming out. Broke it coming out the first time......

005_zpse8105138.jpg

Engine has been primed and painted. Did some paint details and put bmf on the front cover. Then cleared........

And here is the body. It was sprayed with MM dark brown metallic.

That's it for now. Thanks for looking.

you are quit welcome. love to help out. it looks 100% better just by adding that 1 bar. motor looks great (how about a bigger pan, that hemi is gonna need a lot of oil !!) nice detail. was pleasantly surprised to see a brown laid brown on it. very different from the blacks, blues, and bright colors you see. keep going, I cant take my eyes off. getting ideas for mine too.

Edited by tubbs

Made some progress today and have a update on the charger. The first thing I got done was finish priming and painting the roll cage. I painted it the same color as the car. Helps carry the body color into the interior..............

007_zps86abcb7e.jpg

Spent awhile trying to figure out what to do with the engine bay color. When the chassis was painted, I also painted the inner fenders black. When mocking up things, that black just wasn't doing it for me..............

003_zps190057bc.jpg

The idea that came up was to first extend the roll cage into the engine bay to take up some of the empty space..................

008_zpse195e5e3.jpg

Made up the parts and drilled a couple holes and this is what it looks like..........

010_zpsda3a82d2.jpg

012_zps11f70594.jpg

Then I primed and painted the color I thought would look the best and I think it came out ok. Things are just mocked up right now and still have to do the rad support.....

016_zps9b0e903c.jpg

019_zpsa47e011b.jpg

More to come....................