Model Cars Magazine Forum

75 MACH I

novadose71

Here's my latest factory stock curbside project...............

This is what I started with:MPC 1975 Mustang Mach I promo

75MachI019.jpg

Here it's disassembled and stripped............now it's a basic kit

75MachI055.jpg

Factory stock Ford forged aluminum wheels. Torinobradley found these in his parts box, Thanks man, for speaking up and getting these out to me. B) The tires are Polyglass GT's from Scale Equipment.

75MachI059.jpg

Fresh outta the spray booth. Ford dark red lacquer, no clear. The paint blushed during the last coat, I think my basement might be a bit cold and/or the paint was too warm, and I'm pretty sure I rushed the last coat, I usually do. I'll see how it polishes out and decide if it needs a couple more coats.

75MachI069.jpg

Thats all for now.......next post might include: the red and white sprayed on the interior, body polished, flat black accents sprayed on lowers/tailpanel and Alclad on the wheels..........Thanks for stoppin' by

Edited by novadose71

It's good to see those parts (wheels) actually going to use. They were just going to take up space in my parts boxes as I probably would never use em. I have lots of parts like that. Novadose, if you don't wanna let go of your originals, I think I have a set or two to share.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, almost finished the interior, just a few minor details to go. I sprayed vinyl dye through my airbrush for the red and white, and brush painted the rest with Model Master enamels. Carpet is a couple reds from Fuzzy Fur mixed together. I robbed the steering wheel and column from my MK Bronco kit, the one that came in the promo is no where near correct. The body is getting repainted in the next couple of days due to not enough paint, and too much wet sanding, DOH!! And since I got your Mustang II attention, does anyone know if you could get the rear window louvers on a Mach I from the factory? If so, were they included in any kits? That's all, thanks for lookin.

75MachI076.jpg

And since I got your Mustang II attention, does anyone know if you could get the rear window louvers on a Mach I from the factory? If so, were they included in any kits?

Yes, any fastback could be ordered with the rear louvres.

As far as kits with them, the Revell Street Cobra/Cobra street racer kit has them, but they are a wee bit too small for most other 1/25 Mustang II's. The Entex Mustang II Mach 1 kit is 1/24, but the rear louvres are a much better fit for the MPC and AMT kits.

I'm still working out how to get a multiple-use mold for resin casting rear and side louvres, but we've been having issues with getting the casting even enough to look decent. I'll post up if we end up with something useable...