Model Cars Magazine Forum

1974 Chevrolet Rally 350 Camaro

Mj-Styro

Next up is the engine! It was horrible!!! the guys got it tore down and rebuilt it! so shes a fresh 350! (looks like a 396 tho LOL) but im calling it a 350....

MVC685S-vi.jpg

MVC686S-vi.jpg

MVC687S-vi.jpg

Here i got the engine all apart and cleaned up to almost new again! next up was to paint everything, and the chrome is alittle worn so i redid the valve covers.....

MVC689S-vi.jpg

MVC690S-vi.jpg

Heres a shot of the guys workin on the engine and checkin tire clearance...

MVC696S-vi.jpg

MVC697S-vi.jpg

HOws that for a fresh rebuilt engine! LOL

MVC698S-vi.jpg

And heres a shot of the chassis!

MVC699S-vi.jpg

Still some touch up painting to down here eh!

Thats it so far! Oh waiting on some decals as well for it..........in the meantime i need to water sand the body and get it ready for the decals....

Got some decals in today! Waaahoooooooooooooo till i went to use them,as soon as the paper got wet they started to lift off in pieces and poof! they was gone :lol: man i was so ticked off!

So i went a different way! using Auto Pinstripping i cut out thin strips and put it on that way,once they was in place i hit them with alittle future to seal them in so they dont lift.....

Water sanded the body early today and was gona reclear it but decided i didnt have too. so i grabbed the wax and went to town!! and also got the trim done and sealed in with future as well........

MVC755S-vi.jpg

MVC759S-vi.jpg

MVC760S-vi.jpg

MVC762S-vi.jpg

MVC763S-vi.jpg

What's goin' on...

Michael

What kit is this? Revell? AMT? MPC? Is this availiable in stores or is that one of those old kits that you've had in your stash? Man I'd like to get a few of those kits!

Yours is off to a good start! Looking forward to seeing it completely done!

Sorry Scott,

Its an old MPC kit that was a builder that some one stripped, im just going from there.....was real decent