Model Cars Magazine Forum

1987 Buick Grand National

Guest roadkill2525

Guest roadkill2525

This is my Monogram Buick Grand National, the rolling chassis is complete. Still waiting on better weather to paint the body and the interior.

IMG_0158.jpg

The Buick LC2 3.8L turbo charged V6.

IMG_0159.jpg

The rear of the Buick, wrong differential for it. Shocks are pianted like Bilstein shocks, tank and exhuast are stainless steel metalizer.

IMG_0160.jpg

The underside of the front suspension, couldn't find much on detailed photos so I went light on details.

IMG_0161.jpg

Wheel center was brush painted with Tamyia flat black and the slots are done with a fine point Sharpie.

Guest roadkill2525
If you need any detail pics let me know. I can go out to the garage and snap a few of what ever you need. That is if I am not snowed in! LOL!

I would love pics of the gauges, haven't found any good ones.

I got some good weather for most of the week so I'll start spraying the body. Need to get some India Ink for my technical pens to detail the dash. Still need to work on the interior but I want to get this done for NNL West.

kind makes me wonder why gm never put that motor in a monte carlo or grand prix? who knows but that could be a cool project.

GM had rules in place when it came to developing technology. The division that spent the money got exclusive use of the technology for some period of time. Since Buick spend their development money on the turbo system, they didn't have to share it, at least for several years. By the time their exclusive use in GM had run out, they had fostered such a strong identification with its use that the other divisions shied away from it.

Still, a turbo Monte Carlo would have been pretty cool.

GM had rules in place when it came to developing technology. The division that spent the money got exclusive use of the technology for some period of time. Since Buick spend their development money on the turbo system, they didn't have to share it, at least for several years. By the time their exclusive use in GM had run out, they had fostered such a strong identification with its use that the other divisions shied away from it.

Wow thanks for the answer!

There were turbo monte carlos but don't think they were made for long . I had a 1980 Turbo Monte carlo had same exact engine as the Gran Nationals (part numbers where the same ,Had to replace a seal once for the turbo)I also new someone that had a 81 Turbo Monte .

• 4 months later...