Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pretty much right out of the box. I used Paintshop Pro to put it in space. Nothing really special. I'm currently working on a SHADO vehicle, a what if SHADO really existed, what would they use in 2011 to combat UFO's using todays current military vehicles. My first SHADO build I'm using a LAV-25 Piranha. I'm building about 5 different SHADO vehicles in all, and Strakers car. I was a big UFO nut as a kid. Still enjoy watching it. I like doing Sci-Fi, nice break from cars. Well here's the TOS Enterprise.

PL1701B-vi.jpg

PL1701A-vi.jpg

PL1701C-vi.jpg

Edited by chris731

Chris, that is one sweet TOS Enterprise! Beautiful finish. I have one of those I've been considering getting started. Any issues I should be aware of? :)

Thanks, none I can think of. It's not a bad kit, a little bit of sanding here and there. I think the next build of the Enterprise will be the ISS version, I'm putting in a fiber optic kit to light it. But right now I'm having fun taking a break from cars and working on my SHADO builds.

Chris, Great job on the Enterprise!

What color paint did you use?

Chris, that is one sweet TOS Enterprise! Beautiful finish. I have one of those I've been considering getting started. Any issues I should be aware of? :P

Peter, I'm currently building one of these myself. The area where the Nacelle pylons connect to the secondary hull will need some putty for the seams. Since it's designed to be a snap together kit this area has a few seams. Here is the area on mine.

IMG_0561.jpg

Also the stand that comes with the kit isn't that good and it can tip over easily. I inserted a styrene tube inside the secondary hull and will use a brass rod in the base. I also picked up a small round wood base from a craft store that I'll glue the kit's plastic base to.

IMG_0563.jpg

Chris I posted these pictures to show what I mentioned. I don't mean to hi-jack your thread.

Mike.

Edited by crowe-t

Ah, don't worry about Mike. Nothing wrong with helping someone out. I think it was called Uniform Grey. I got it from Home Depot a few years ago when I was building my 1:1 Phaser kit. It's not that glossy, I'm not sure why it photographed that way.

Edited by chris731

• 3 years later...

Very nice!!!!

Loved the painted detail.

I really think this ship would had worked great instead of that disaster J.J. Abrams created while messing with the cannon. On two episodes of Enterprise the USS Defiant appears, including in warp, with modern effects, and it's great, way better than the new monstrosity...