Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "FreakShow" new project 1/12/13

John Teresi

No doubt John can build. All the body splicing & finishing are incredible. To take so many different pieces and make them flow takes talent. Not my taste as far a subject matter either, but still an incredible undertaking. And I noticed some other updates sure to please.

Nice job John. You go where most of us can't.

LOVIN' the progress John. The paint looks great. Will you be laying down any clear over the pink before doing the flames? Wish I could see it in person.

Hi Dave.......yes ,I did........it makes the masking easier with a smooth surface and for me makes the flame job result better........thanks

John... with all the extensive body work you did on this (and on other models of yours), do you ever see any evidence of the seams on the finished models after a while? Do you ever get any kind of shrinking or seam lines showing up after several months?

Do you use 2-part putty? What about glue? How do you glue up all the various bits and pieces?

How long do you let everything dry after finishing the body mods but before paint?

I bet a lot of guys would love to know your secrets. I'd be afraid to do that much body work... with my luck things would start to show under the paint after a while.

John... with all the extensive body work you did on this (and on other models of yours), do you ever see any evidence of the seams on the finished models after a while? Do you ever get any kind of shrinking or seam lines showing up after several months?

Do you use 2-part putty? What about glue? How do you glue up all the various bits and pieces?

How long do you let everything dry after finishing the body mods but before paint?

I bet a lot of guys would love to know your secrets. I'd be afraid to do that much body work... with my luck things would start to show under the paint after a while.

I don`t like to step anybody's shoes...........Dr. Cranky and Don Yost have books and CD`s for sale in MCM on how to prep. and paint........the are professionals ........I am not........I am still learning .......so I feel they would give a better recommendation and advice.........thanks

Edited by John Teresi

ShaZamm John !!! As usual....Fantastic build !!! You never cease to amaze me with your courage to go out on a limb with builds of this caliber ! And to have the fortitude to withstand all the hupala. And continue on in your own zone !! ( I had to catch up from page 14 ) I am really surprised at the way your thread was side tracked. I thought this was a forum for modelers to have fun,share ideas,compliment and take constructive criticism with dignity. And you have. Afterall...these are just plastic models and really do'nt expect to really run. As I have always said.....your work is highly regarded as some of the best around !! Lookin foward to the finished deal.

Edited by vaughn

You mean "you never cease to amaze me"...

If he ceased to amaze you, that means he stopped amazing you.

Sorry about that Harry...my deepest apologies for forgetting "Never". I am sure John understood . Geeez !!

Edited by vaughn

Hello......thank you all for the kind comments.......I really do appreciate them........just a small up-date.......I attached the radiator hoses and the fuel line.......I also painted the skull head with some weathering.........and hand drawn Tribal design like on the 1:1 car........the tap will come out of the mouth........thanks for looking.

DSCF6876_zpsb8d963fa.jpg
DSCF6877_zps872a3a85.jpg
DSCF6880_zpsaf8819f4.jpg
DSCF6885_zpsef97e6da.jpg
DSCF6894_zpsd68a3875.jpg
DSCF6892_zpsd916c824.jpg
Edited by John Teresi

Cool stuff John. I see the valve covers are different too. Nice job on those too. Really looking forward to seeing this person next month.

Hi Brad........thanks.......I should have this finished in a couple of weeks.......see you in April

X2... WOW

Hi Eric.......they are "Pro Tech" plug wires and I added HO scale decal #/lettering ........from the train store by my house.......thanks.

Stunning.

John I meant to ask but was rendered silent. When you fogged the pink onto the panel lines, did you use a fine tip on the AB?

G

Hi wayne.......I used the #1 fine tip from my Paache single action airbrush...........thanks.

Gee wiz. Let it go already. You are both terrific builders, can't we leave it at that ?

It has nothing to do with the quality of the builders. I'm just curious. Those of us who pointed it out were deemed to be so wrong to do so last week? Now that the matter has been corrected we aren't allowed to inquire as to why?

So much was made by other forum members as to why it was absolutely not an issue and that no one would notice, and it was stated it was too late to be able to fix them. What changed?