Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Hudson Hornet in Southern Blue

I ordered the '53 Hudson Hornet kit yesterday, and having a look on Google, I have decided that I will be painting the body in Southern Blue with a Broadway Blue roof, now the only thing I can't find is any photo's of the colours of the interior that this colour combo' would have had, does anyone have any info' that would be useful to me ??

post-2058-0-74933700-1334443798_thumb.jp

Geoff, check out the instruction sheet for stock interior combinations. There are several 2-tone combos listed, pick one that would compliment your exterior choice ( a good one BTW). Can't wait to see it take shape, it's a great kit.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered the '53 Hudson Hornet kit yesterday, and having a look on Google, I have decided that I will be painting the body in Southern Blue with a Broadway Blue roof, now the only thing I can't find is any photo's of the colours of the interior that this colour combo' would have had, does anyone have any info' that would be useful to me ??

post-2058-0-74933700-1334443798_thumb.jp

The two-tone grey (medium-dark grey for seatbacks and bolsters, light grey for the rolled and pleated inserts) would be perfect! Paint the dash Southern Blue just like the lower body color. Interior side panels have the same color combo as the seats.

Art

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get some original paint chips for the 51,52 and 1953 Hudson's, so I can get the paint mixed up this side of the pond, I do like a few other two tone options listed, looks like I might have to get another Hornet kit at least !!!