Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mass.

Hi, Will.

There are two model car clubs in eastern Massachusetts. Both are very good, with nice people.

1. MassCar, which I'm a member of. We meet on the second Saturdays and third Wednesdays in Dedham at 150 Rustcraft Rd. It's not too tough to get too off of 109. Just take 109 to 128 south to Exit 14, follow the rotary to the East St., Dedham exit, follow through to another rotary, go around it, passing by Fisherman's restaurant and turn left at the next light. We meet in the old Rustcraft Greeting Cards building on the left. Park in the semi-circle driveway. Saturdays are at 1:00, Wednesdays are at 7:30.

2. Classic Plastic meets first Saturdays in Lowell at 1:00 P.M., take 495 North to the Lowell Connector. Follow it all the way to the end, turn right onto Plain St., and go into to the VFW parking lot.

Charlie Larkin

Will,

I just Mapquest searched "Milford, Ma"

Just get on 495 N. until you are in Lowell... Classic Plastic has their meetings there first Saturday of the month (unless there is a holiday, then it is the following Saturday) Use the side door near the back... first one in usually leaves it propped open a bit. If not, the front door is OK.

• 11 months later...

I live in the northern part of central Mass in Fitchburg and would love to find a club closer to my area than MassCar, which is just too far to drive to at today's gas prices. No luck so far...

Ron, Lowell is all of about 45 minutes from Fitchburg, so it's not too bad, and a couple of the Classic Plastic guys live out your way. Maybe you could arrange a car-pool?

If not, I live in Marlborough, and if you'd like to head down to MassCar, I'd be willing to discuss a car-pool to Dedham.

Lastly- perhaps we could do a Central/Western Mass. club?

Charlie Larkin

Thanks Charlie. I guess Lowell isn't all that far especially if I could arrange the occasional car pool. Ideally. I'd still like to have something in the Gardner -> Worcester area but there probably isn't enough interest. I've always heard great things about MassCar and I'll look further into joining.

• 2 years later...