Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who's built the AMT SS454 Pickup? Show 'em off!

Thanks guys!

They are aoshima advan rs-somethings..lol I think they are in the 19" wheel line, stripped of chrome and sprayed white. These are also flat rims, the nice deep lips come from other aoshima rims that have sep. lips on them. There was a very long process of deciding which ones to put on this kit...these won out.

I'll try and muster some motivation to finish this one...it's actually pretty close...if I don't include and engine (which i'm almost at the decision)

how about the amt 68 chev elcamino fuel injected big block. it could be done up to look like a 502!

I've actually thought of that since I do have one of those languishing in a box, I was going to use the efi big block out of the 67 396 SS then pop a supercharger on it...not a lot of room..might just go with the elky engine though..

A Tahoe chassis under a C1500. I never even thought about that!

This Sportside sat in a box for the last five years. After seeing Josh's post. I decided that I would go the same route!

I mocked up this sportside as a 4x4 that I was going to do as a slammed in the weeds street machine.

91ChevySportsidePickup4x4002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

91ChevySportsidePickup4x4004-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

So, a new project is born! B)

Thanks!

Edited by Wheels

there you go! i bought this in 91.... not done yet.. i'm using the 427 from the max rat kit---66 chevelle--this is in 1.24 so it's a little bigger than the 454 used in the kit. it's sitting on 20"various wheel--aoshima--.it will be low to the ground of course.. and black tinted windows too. the paint needs to be polished ,it's pretty raw. this has been spray with lacquer from a rattle can long time ago..

post-9125-0-13826500-1327811561_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

91454ss-vi.jpg

SS 454, huh? Here's the prototype. I built this for Tom Haverland in 1991 using a Sportside kit and a resin box from All American Models. Wheels were from a '32 Ford phaeton with centers from the Sportside kit. This was built for a product planning presentation, then started making the show circuit while they were tooling the new kit. Eventually they used this for the box art model in the first release, but airbrushed in different wheels and seats.

Terry