Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Marmon

As much as I like Marmon and other oddballs, I too will have to pass. A Marmon grille does not the shape of a Marmon hood and cab make..

But the "paint job" looks nice....which will entice somebody "just scanning boxes wanting a cool looking big rig".

For a collector of kits though, I have a hunch 20 years from now it will be a prize just from a rarity standpoint.

Frankenstein trucks. The company i drive for bought a Western Star glider and put KW running gear and emission controls on it. It has 3000 miles on it and theyve had it "road ready" for 2 years. They cant get it to run right, its constantly, literally, regenerating the DPF. In the 6 months or so ive been there its been drive 3 times, once by me. They think its ready now, now theyve dumped about 10 grand more into it.

Ill definitely pick up a couple of these just to stash and build 1, just to have it on the shelf. I guess i should do that with all the truck kits.

DPFs are the worst things. Bad in cars as well. Nothing but dramas in my wife's diesel forester.

Ben

Look, guys, reality check here. Making a completely new kit cost a lot of money (copyrights, tooling, etc.). Revell isn't going to spend that kind of money when they can just reissue an existing kit and we'll buy it. They did issue the Moebius LoneStar, but Moebius did the upfront work. And Italeri did make a new IVECO Stralis, but I don't see anything new coming from Revell (despite their little "Share Your Dream"). It's all pipe-dreams, if you ask me. Call me a cynic!

Edited by Jim B

I mean,with all the proper truck kits that could be modeled.How about a Freightliner FLD132-64T Condo Classic XL,or a Cascadia or Coronado for goodness sakes....sigh!

Your in luck, I have inside information that they are releasing the Freightliner Coranado. The only downside is 99% of the truck will be a W900 Kenworth. Oh well..... :)

This is why Im not going to waste my time with the "Revell share your dream" anymore. Ive been voting for years for a modern lowboy, etc, just to have inaccurate junk like this reissued.

Look, guys, reality check here. Making a completely new kit cost a lot of money (copyrights, tooling, etc.). Revell isn't going to spend that kind of money when they can just reissue an existing kit and we'll buy it. They did issue the Moebius LoneStar, but Moebius did the upfront work. And Italeri did make a new IVECO Stralis, but I don't see anything new coming from Revell (despite their little "Share Your Dream"). It's all pipe-dreams, if you ask me. Call me a cynic!

The trucks got fairly high votes when compared to some cars that got released. I don't know how many votes the BMW i8 got but revell is doing that.

Hopefully moebius does another truck. Hopefully the Drake KW K200 and low loader sell well so we can see more from them as well.

Ben

Your in luck, I have inside information that they are releasing the Freightliner Coranado. The only downside is 99% of the truck will be a W900 Kenworth. Oh well..... :)

I heard there's a Pete 579 on the way. Trouble is, it's just the old Italeri Aeromax 120 with a Red Oval decal instead of a Blue Oval for the grille. :P

You're right about the cost to do new truck kits,but they would only in most cases have to do the truck bodies and interiors and leave the frames and suspensions alone.This is something Italeri has been doing for years.And consider this,they have already done one of the most popular trucks on the road today,the Prostar,so why not do a Cascadia and put it on a modified Fld 120 frame.Or better yet to save money,sell a transkit that just includes the body and interior and let us the modeler provide everything else.This would also generate sales of existing kits because we would buy them for their donor parts.

We need more modern trucks and I would love to see a Cascadia made...it seems to be a popular truck amongst the drag racers and others...but I would prefer a complete kit before transkits.

Yes Italeri doesn't do many all new tooling trucks, they mostly update existing tooling to a newer model...and not allways enough for it to be correct either as they often use outdated engines and sometimes even wrong suspension and frames.

But the Prostar is done by Moebius...not Italeri...and it's based on the Lonestar tooling, but not exactly the same...and I hope they will do more trucks, something else than a Navistar product this time and why not a Cascadia,