Model Cars Magazine Forum

Outlawed!-number 2 In A Series.

LUKE'57

Ol' Pops didn't cool his jets just because Big Bill wouldn't let him play in his back yard. While he would have much rather been rubbing fenders with the good ol' boys of Nascar, he still got in his licks behind the wheel of his favorite brand of automobile.

He ran some dirt tracks, some paved tracks and even made a few rapid trips up to the top of little hill in Colorado named after some guy called Pike. Bet it felt pretty strange going UP the mountain and with no one chasing him.

Here's the HM Galaxie Curtis drove in some USAC races in '63 that I think is the same car that wound up being campaigned by Wendell Scott after Turner crunched it a little up north.

OUTLAWED2POST.jpg

Your models of old stockers are some of my favorites (no matter what site they are on). By the way that little hill is the view I have out my livingroom window. You havn't done a PP Hillclimb Toranado by chance(I know it is not a Nascar car, but just maybe?). :lol: Richard

Your models of old stockers are some of my favorites (no matter what site they are on). By the way that little hill is the view I have out my livingroom window. You havn't done a PP Hillclimb Toranado by chance(I know it is not a Nascar car, but just maybe?). :unsure: Richard

Not yet, but I think there may be a Toronado in the "junkyard". I'll have to see.