Model Cars Magazine Forum

Unusual new release from Diopark

Rob Hall

It's just another military subject, a tool of war...terrorists and terrorism are part of war today. I have no interest in the war aspect, but I thought the car was an interesting subject. I wouldn't have posted this if I knew people were going to freak out over it. Sheesh.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I wanted to comment on this one. It seems to be a great kit alltough the bumpers are molded together with the front and rear valance so one would need to mask them for painting. It also has some tiny and I'm guessing rather fiddly photoetch parts for things like the hubcaps. It really is a great kit and I wish they would scale it up to 1:24 as ICM did with the Mercedes G4 and Opel Admiral kits.

As for the boxart: I guess it must be a cultural thing because I did not really react to it in any way. This is a "military" kit and the boxart reflects that. If it was 1:24, the boxart could have been of it in front of a hotel in a big European city, dropping of passengers as a taxi wich would have been the most common way you would see these lower spec cars (it is supposed to be a 200) back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure wish it was 1/25th.

Same here... since the only 1/25 scale W123 i've found is the "Brabus" version, which is a very simple toy kit.

Italeri,former ESCI, now "anonymus"...Toyota Land Cruiser, retooled as a warlord 4x4, in a "politacly correct" driver/warrior...less & white background boxing

I have that kit (since it is 1/24) and it's quite good, only missing the inner door detail, which is odd since it's visible. I rounded the headlight surround.

tgbolivia03_zps54ae1da2.jpg

the gun ended up in my GTO

fallingskies_06_zps75e970f7.jpg