Model Cars Magazine Forum

10.5 tire outlaw Twin Turbo Mustang BACK TO WORK ! :)

Sorry for the delay, I am finally feeling better. Sorry I had to make everyone wait as I was really appreciating your comments. All of your comments makes me want to better and cleaner work. I decided to completely start the chassis over from the beginning as I must have been really sick when I put that thing together, Still at the beginning although I did get the doors opened up and have the front clip removed as well. Lots of work left but I will post everything as I go. Open to ideas comments and again I appreciate everyone who provides feedback. Hope you all enjoy. and Thanks again.... Nick

Also.. I cant find anyone who has any turbos this is 1/24 scale. I tried the guy on this forum that used to produce them. He doesn't know when he will get back to offering them. If anyone has a source that would be great.

I also did manage to get my motor ordered for this project. lets just say still going to be twin turbo as planned but HUGE CUBES.... :)

I wanted to try a new paint on the first part of the cage. Its a new gunmetal flake mix . it looks eactly like my 1:1 chrome molly cage. It looks more real than I could have imagined. I will try and show side by sides. Again Thanks for the support and looking. Nick

post-9697-0-79138200-1334299678_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-87329200-1334299687_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-63943400-1334299691_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-77445500-1334299695_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-43548800-1334299700_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-56164300-1334299752_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-56864900-1334299756_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-31406100-1334299764_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-12985800-1334299770_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-29632600-1334299773_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-06435500-1334299777_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-54014200-1334299791_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-29312700-1334299800_thumb.jp

post-9697-0-35813300-1334299809_thumb.jp

Hey there Nicholas, you're off to a great start here. Nice work. :)

I may be able to help with regard to a turbo. This is an online shop down here in Australia. They do ship worldwide.

BNA Model World

Scroll down this page a way, he has several varieties in stock. ;)

Thank you for the info. Those were exactly what I was looking for. I hope they don't take to long to get here. Thank you again.

Thank you for the info. Those were exactly what I was looking for. I hope they don't take to long to get here. Thank you again.

Hey, no problem Nicholas. :)

Post will be the only hold up for you. I've ordered from them before and received in 2 days down here in Aus. ;)

Good luck with things and stay healthy mate.

Was able to get some more done this evening. The fire wall is in place. Still lots and lots to do but I will keep you all posted as I promised. I hope you enjoy. I know I really appreciate being able to follow all of your amazing builds. You have some of the best work taking place on this forum it really is amazing. Thanks again for looking and will be posting again tomorrow. ... Nick

Having trouble getting the photos to upload. I am sorry I think the camera I am using is corrupting the files. But what do I know. Ill make sure I get the updates on tomorrow. Thanks again for your precious comments and I will be back with pictures tomorrow for sure.... Nick

Here are the pics from the last update. Since these were taken I have the floor pan done and the rest of the upper firewall finished. I also have the steering shaft and support in as well. Will add more pics later today. Thanks again for all of the support and encouraging I do appreciate it all.... Thanks Nick

firewall4.jpg

firewall3.jpg

firewall2.jpg

firewall1.jpg

Hope everything shows up alright trying to stop using my phone camera. The worst Part is I have a GREAT Nikon Digital camera and I cant find it for the life of me. I know its here somewhere... lol Oh well tomorrow I am going to get the rear frame finished and attached to the front section. If that goes well then its onto the wheel tubs.

One more questions for all of you master builders on here. The carbon fiber Decals or stickers I see a few of you using on your pro mod builds. Where can I locate some of this. I don't mean to only ask parts sourcing questions all of the time, I apologize for this, I don't want anyone to feel like I take there knowledge for granite. I have learned an amazing amount of things I would never have thought of just by immersing myself in your forums topics. This forum truly has the best builders, probably the best in the world. I really do mean that. Thank you as always and maybe someday I will be worthy of posting my work in the same category of all of you masters. Until them Practice and learn as much as I can absorb from everyone here.,.... Sorry to ramble on and on...... Nick :)

Very cool progress on this interesting build. I like the frame, it looks very good so far, everything is lined up right. Thanks for sharing this beautiful build, and yeah, hopefully you find that Camera somewhere, since these pictures doesn't make justice on that frame.

Wanted to show a little more progress. I have most of the rear clip on now. Next is suspension. Also Made a race pak dash and as well as a window net. Also have been playing with header mock ups being this will be a turbo car I want all of the piping to be top notch. If the head looks funny its because of the turbo layout. It should make sense soon once I get the motor in. Thanks again for looking . Hope everyone enjoys. Thanks Nick.

update1.jpg

update2.jpg

update3.jpg

update4.jpg

update5.jpg

update10.jpg

update6.jpg

update9.jpg

update8.jpg

updaqte7.jpg

Thank you again for taking the time to look... ... Nick

Nick, the chassis is looking good, I don't think anybody minds anybody "picking" the brains of the best Drag Racing modelers out here. As for your Carbon Fiber question, I ordered 2 sets of CF decals from Scale Motorsports, they have a bunch of different things for models, all different types of CF decals, I ordered/recieved (very quickly I might add!) a set of clear carbon decals (the color you put them on shows thru, right now I have some on the rear rims I'm using on my Nova build & I'll be putting some on the valve covers as well,the covers & rims are painted in Tamiya Brilliant Blue), I also have the "normal" darker color. Hope this helps you out with your 'Stang!

Nick, the chassis is looking good, I don't think anybody minds anybody "picking" the brains of the best Drag Racing modelers out here. As for your Carbon Fiber question, I ordered 2 sets of CF decals from Scale Motorsports, they have a bunch of different things for models, all different types of CF decals, I ordered/recieved (very quickly I might add!) a set of clear carbon decals (the color you put them on shows thru, right now I have some on the rear rims I'm using on my Nova build & I'll be putting some on the valve covers as well,the covers & rims are painted in Tamiya Brilliant Blue), I also have the "normal" darker color. Hope this helps you out with your 'Stang!

Thank you so much for your information. I honestly didn't know they made it in a see through clear version. That sounds like something I could really use. I think It would look good on the floor pans I already have painted. I'm going to take a look right now. Thank you again for the input ,, most appreciated.

I got the rear chutes done and ready. Made out of cloth they look really good. I even made the "remove before flight" tags for them I will add pics shortly. I'm working on the brake rotors and suspension pieces now. Ill have new pics asap to show progress. Thanks again for info and thank you for looking..........Nick

Ok, finally some much needed updates. I finally received my 815 ci. Ross gibson Mill for this monster twin turbo project. Remember its an "outlaw car" . These are the same cars I drive every weekend. Basically for everyone concerned about authenticity the rules are very basic and as follows. ANY motor tranny combo. Also ANY power adder or combination. Limiting factor. TRUE 10.5 in. tire which believe me isn't big enough by any means. TRUST me. NO wheelie bars. Last rule ABSOLUTELY NO TRACTION CONTROL, would kind of ruin the idea of 10.5 inch tire. Now I'm not saying you can bleed boost bast on drive shaft speed. If your smart enough you'll figure out what I mean ;)

Enough background. working on headers pics of prototype shown. I also decided I wanted to Go ahead and make the turbos for this build , I think when they are all done and in place they will look much better and look like they belong on the car. I also included pictures of the new chutes I made out of cloth. They are Air Launcher Models no cables to pull to deploy. They are electronically controlled.

Finally began the body work. In the process of blending the wing in - removing the fuel door and door handles. Completed the transmission Blanket. and am spending a lot of time on the engine assembly as it requires a TON of clean up and fitting to make it even close to the way it is supposed to go together. I've used the engines before never this many fitment issues? Have any of you had any of these problems with Ross Gibson motors? Quite annoying.

Up next is the front and rear suspension final set up. Building some trick working adjustable coil over shocks for the rear and some adjustable Struts for the front. Like 100 things going on at once as I am super motivated by this build. I think Its because Having all of you to share this process with. Like I've said I've never shared a build before but I am grateful for all of you comments and support along the way. You all have made something I truly enjoy even more rewarding. Thank you all for that. Even just posting your work gives me something to look forward to and sparks new ideas all of the time.

Sorry for the Rambling and Long Post Hope it mostly makes sense :D and I hope you enjoy the pictures. Lots more coming very very soon. And still working on a new camera I am soooooo soooo sorry for the poor quality of most. Thanks for putting up with it and squinting lol :lol:

AND You are I Promise better pics with more interesting material very soon.

DSC01995.jpg

DSC01998.jpg

DSC02006.jpg

DSC02008.jpg

DSC02020.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

DSC02021.jpg

THIS IS THE MESS WHERE THE "MAGIC" is happening lol

DSC02030.jpg

Please let me know what you all think I know its blury again IM sorry Might be another week before I can Get another camera unless I can locate the Nikon... Like That Will Happen ha ha. THanks one last time to everyone The work Continues.

Hey Forgot to ask a couple of things in my earlier post. I'm getting to the point where things are going to start coming together here pretty soon. I hadn't even started thinking about this until just now. PAINT? IM thinking a bright orange with Powder coated black wheels. I have a set of drag lites you can see in some of the mock ups. really though the rear tires are a little large to fit the 10.5 inch rules. I could say they are 10.5W's which they actually make im sure you all know this they measure about 12 to 13 inch tread section. Even most outlaw tracks don't allow these tires anymore and enforce the true 10.5 inch rule. I've been looking at wheels on micro nitro the spindle mount pro stars but not quiet sure what size rear tire or wheel width to get to match the look im after. I guess after all the work Im putting into this I feel like the car deserves something nicer than just a set of drag lites. What do you all think??? Also Color suggestions or paint schemes??? Im open to anything just has to look clean nothing to insane if you will. And I think either way I want to go gloss black wheels what ever scheme we decide on. Thanks for all of your help. I hope Im not bothering all of you with my looooong post. Just want to make sure you have the whole story. and a little extra also lol :D

Thanks Nick.........

I think the bright orange sounds good, it'll be a little different from the usaul red, black, blue colors (not that I have a problem with those colors, some of my favorite colors!LOL), maybe have some yellow stripes, the black wheels sound like they would go good with the orange. As for the RG engines, I have a few of them & have had only minor fit problems, nothing that a little sanding won't take care of, the worst thing I've had was on the 815" P/M Ford engine I bought, a little prob with the upper oil pan fitting flush against the engine block, just sanded down the sides on the block till it fit better, haven't had any probs with the RoadHammer Hemi or the 815" Next Gen Semi-Hemi that I got.

I think the bright orange sounds good, it'll be a little different from the usaul red, black, blue colors (not that I have a problem with those colors, some of my favorite colors!LOL), maybe have some yellow stripes, the black wheels sound like they would go good with the orange. As for the RG engines, I have a few of them & have had only minor fit problems, nothing that a little sanding won't take care of, the worst thing I've had was on the 815" P/M Ford engine I bought, a little prob with the upper oil pan fitting flush against the engine block, just sanded down the sides on the block till it fit better, haven't had any probs with the RoadHammer Hemi or the 815" Next Gen Semi-Hemi that I got.

The fitment problem you described was the main problem I had with this one. Same exact spot. I did the same as you a little filing her sanding there and it fit like a glove. Just between that and the few other fitment issues it seemed excessive. like I said I have done a few of these in the past nothing cast with this much "room for adjustment" if you will lol. I made it work cant complain I suppose. and besides after its all done it is going to look bad a%$, :) Thank you for looking dragracer I do appreciate your time.

NICHOLAS

I know this is a model car forum but I wanted to show you all of my True outlaw 10.5 tire mustang. This will also be my next subject. I know it doesn't look super special but its got an all aluminium bullet with n2o kits on it,. No motor pics sorry got to keep the competition guessing. I think this one will be fun to build but not until the turbo mustang is complete. Thanks for taking a look.... Nick

105mustangwheelieatsunshine.jpg

my105MustangRearView.jpg

How Do YOU DRIVE THIS THINGGGG!!!!! kidding.. although sometimes going down the track when I'm staring at the guardrail I may have thought that before ;)

pretendingnottoknowhowtodrive.jpg

Thanks for looking just wanted to share what makes me build the things I do. Thanks again... Nick

LOL I meant to say 4 N2O kits I dont know how I always leave just one little thing out but its important . it even reads right without it, just like my normal mistakes.

2 fogger kits.....one plate.... and a viper which most of you im sure know is like another fogger kit on the inside of the intake runner mounted from behind. just wanted to fix yet another omission / mistake in my writing.Thanks guys.

Hey Forgot to ask a couple of things in my earlier post. I'm getting to the point where things are going to start coming together here pretty soon. I hadn't even started thinking about this until just now. PAINT? IM thinking a bright orange with Powder coated black wheels. I have a set of drag lites you can see in some of the mock ups. really though the rear tires are a little large to fit the 10.5 inch rules. I could say they are 10.5W's which they actually make im sure you all know this they measure about 12 to 13 inch tread section. Even most outlaw tracks don't allow these tires anymore and enforce the true 10.5 inch rule. I've been looking at wheels on micro nitro the spindle mount pro stars but not quiet sure what size rear tire or wheel width to get to match the look im after. I guess after all the work Im putting into this I feel like the car deserves something nicer than just a set of drag lites. What do you all think??? Also Color suggestions or paint schemes??? Im open to anything just has to look clean nothing to insane if you will. And I think either way I want to go gloss black wheels what ever scheme we decide on. Thanks for all of your help. I hope Im not bothering all of you with my looooong post. Just want to make sure you have the whole story. and a little extra also lol :D

Thanks Nick.........

Great job so far Nick! Keep those progress pics coming.

As for color, I like the orange idea. Not sure if you have an airbrush, but if you do you might want to think about a HOK Tangelo or Sunrise Pearl. Both are really nice bright oranges that House of Kolor mixes. You can get them from Coast Airbrush in a 2oz bottle for on the cheap. Then you can use an automotive clear in a paint bomb and clear it and be fine.

Say on your 10.5 tires, you may want to look up a couple other threads on here. We have a forum member that casts rubber 10.5 tires and from what I am seeing posted they are really good.

If that is something you decide to do, just send MicroNitro the tire and he can cut them to fit. This way you don't have to worry about getting the wrong size. :) Jim will take care of you!