Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bikini beach

hotrod59f100

Tommy Ivos' Showboat makes an appearance in that movie. The sight of all 4 wheels going up in smoke off the line has remained with me for decades. I bought the DVD ages ago and there is some good high quality

drag racing from back in the day on it.

Edited by Roncla

Tommy Ivos' Showboat makes an appearance in that movie. The sight of all 4 wheels going up in smoke off the line has remained with me for decades. I bought the DVD ages ago and there is some good high quality

drag racing from back in the day on it.

I seen that car but didn't know any info about it. I'm a little young to know much about most of those car but I'm slowly getting in to the.old race cars.

Yes.."TV" Tommy Ivo had a few of his cars in this movie.

I would like to reccommend the Tommy Ivo book. Seems he was quite the innovater. According to the book:

1. He was the first to actually make a living off drag racing.

2. Built his own cars. Including his twin and four engine dragters.

3. Was quite the jokester.

4. Don "The Snake" Prudehomme used to paint his cars. The Snake got his first dragster from Tommy.

Is really a good read.

If you like drag racing, you will like this book. It also has everyone of his cars, year by year.

Yes.."TV" Tommy Ivo had a few of his cars in this movie.

I would like to reccommend the Tommy Ivo book. Seems he was quite the innovater. According to the book:

1. He was the first to actually make a living off drag racing.

2. Built his own cars. Including his twin and four engine dragters.

3. Was quite the jokester.

4. Don "The Snake" Prudehomme used to paint his cars. The Snake got his first dragster from Tommy.

Is really a good read.

If you like drag racing, you will like this book. It also has everyone of his cars, year by year.

Wow thanks for the tip David . I never was a fan of old rail drag cars till now since I watched this. I always was into using stock looking cars that had a ton of power.

The book is:

"TV" Tommy Ivo: Drag Racing's Master Showman The cover shows him doing a fire burnout in a rear engine dragster.

I picked up mine at a "Books-A-Million" in the "Transportation" area. Just ask at the info counter.

Although it does have a lot of pictures, don't buy it just as a reference book. You will be disappointed. Buy it to read and use what pictures it does have. As I recall, it does show every car he was involved in, from his first hot rod to his last funny car.

Dang...I think I will read mine again...LOL

Enjoy it...he was one of a kind.