Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

Well I was planning on building this but I don't think I will have the time this year. I also saw someone else is building something like it !

I have so many other projects that need to finish ,I think I'll still build a Duster (Amt 71 Duster) that is a complete kit and not as much work!

And I will be a bit more practical for a cross country race.

I hope to post some picture soon and get started :)

That's a shame Pat, I was looking forward to this coming together :(

Hey guys

Some pretty nice things coming together for the race - competition is going to get tough.

But - made a little on the TA again.

Got the frontbumper attached and have started to update on it aswell - removed the extra light in the lower grill and made new holes for modern LED fog lights - next up will be new headlights

SAM_0105_zps1b4ff43f.jpg

Rear bumper is on aswell - will replace the rearlights with one´s in clear plastic and try to make them look like LED´s aswell

SAM_0107_zps2f144841.jpg

Also got started on the chassis. Cleaned both front and rear suspension and removed material on mounting brackets to lover them, which gives exactly the clearance i was going for. Also remowed the welded in exhaust system, as i will scratchbuild a new sports exhaust with outlets going to the side.

SAM_0106_zpsffe462f4.jpg

SAM_0110_zps7f31527b.jpg

This was all for now - next up will be the engine and cutting the bonnet giving room for the blower.

Thanks for watching.

Cheers

Søren

Nice choice Wagon. I've always preferred the 500 back window treatment.

Just a little shimming around the edges is all it takes for the Corvette interior bucket to fit the Camaro funny car body. I really expected a little more trouble.

InteriorBucket.jpg

InteriorFit.jpg

I found an old roll bar/light bar in my parts box. I cut off all the light mounting tabs and cut some height off it. Otherwise, this too, as is, fit the Cormaro body like it was made for it. Knock on wood, this model mash up is going swimmingly.

RollBarInside.jpg

i love that kit Riley

personally i would have kept the steelies that came with it but my real concern is are you keeping the fire power?

(just making sure i dont cut off the wrong person once the race starts)

Not sure yet on the engine, might supercharge it.

Edited by wrecker388

hi Guys, went to my wrecking yard today and scored some bits for the legacy, i'll be using a tamiya bmw 635 chassis with a mix of wrc subby bits, motor will be a amg mercedes v8, hopfully all without any body mods, going for family wagon look. cheers jeff

post-8854-0-32151200-1358354637_thumb.jp

I too love this kit - can never get enough 4 doors.

Here's some inspiration.

Monaqo05.jpg

Monaqo01.jpg

Sweet,I love the concept of your car Fred.I might do something similar only I will likely stick

with the kit included 440.Oh, and I changed my mind about the wheels ,too much modding had to be done,

I still don't have my mind made up for what to use instead.Any suggestions?Stock steelies or General Lee

style turbines are being considered.