Model Cars Magazine Forum

Obscure Kits You Never Knew Were Made...Until Now

IMG_0158-vi.jpgIMG_0160-vi.jpg

Here's some pictures of one of those Opels assembled. Mine has a broken front bumper but really isn't warped. I see that yours has an interior, do you have glass? Mine has neither.

I too some new pictures of my kit, it has glass and interior but none of them fit the body anymore.

Here is the contents of the kit, not many parts.

IMG_5635.jpg

And here is the instructions

IMG_5636.jpg

One of the montingtabs for the cahssis had broken, I superglued it in place and here you can see the glass in the body. There is supposed to be a monting tab at the front also to fix the glass and interior in place but it is missing. Windows don't fit.

IMG_5637.jpg

And with the interior in place, that doesn't fit either.

IMG_5639.jpg

And I tried to see if the chassis would fit....no it does not.

IMG_5641.jpg

Yeah, I guess that like most of the old promos they have almost all of them warped beyond repair. To bad as the Rekord P1 was a popular car here when they was new. My fathers first car was a Rekord P2 wich was the one that replaced the P1.

Here is a picture of one I took in 2008, also beyond repair I'm afraid.

DSC03350.jpg

I do.

Funny thing is - it was bought over the counter at a (severely disorganized) local hobby shop about three years ago.

c4ba0631-f939-459f-aa2a-8e656fde0b33_zps

The box is pretty much gone, but the content is all there. It will take quite a bit of dedication to make anything out of it though.

Bad kit or not, I want one of these.

Has anyone ever seen a model called- Taking back sunday new again, I think its a rock group, it has a car off there video, it comes with real car air freshener, model air freshners, , a drivers liscense, decals, dice, oh yeh, the car is not American but its from the 50s, I cant get photobucket to cooperate, so if someone to see I can send them pics and they can post. I cant find no info on it, if u put that name on utube a rock group comes up

Has anyone ever seen a model called- Taking back sunday new again, I think its a rock group, it has a car off there video, it comes with real car air freshener, model air freshners, , a drivers liscense, decals, dice, oh yeh, the car is not American but its from the 50s, I cant get photobucket to cooperate, so if someone to see I can send them pics and they can post. I cant find no info on it, if u put that name on utube a rock group comes up

Sounds interesting... :huh:

You mean dis?

Think I posted about this, but it got lost in the forum sinkhole.

'60 Falcon promo from Australia, RHD 4-door sedan which warped almost as well as the American version!attachicon.gif60 Aussie falcon.jpg

Sure looks like the AMT promo. Anyone have info on this?

It probably was produced in the USA by same vendor (AMT?) as the US promo and shipped over.

I'm surprised the Aussie promo has "1960" license plate detail...weren't cars sold there by model designation and not model year?

Now that you mention it Mark, the XK Falcon (the first Australian Falcons) was not offered in Australia until September of 1960. Then sold in that form with no major changes through August of 1962. So it does seem odd that the promo would be labeled as a '60. Since I've never heard of Ausie Falcon promo before this, I'm beginning to question this one. A convention of some sort? Or maybe somebody is trying to trick others (and I'm not saying Chris) with a reversed photo. Or accidentally reversed a photo. I can not see the license plate well enough to see if that maybe the case. The more I think about it, the more question it. Can anybody out there confirm that Ford made RHD Falcon promo?

Scott