The Street Truck Community Build- Deadline December 31St At 12:00Am

Nick Winter

as promised, here are some pic of my entry

IMG00087-20090730-2121.jpg

IMG00088-20090730-2122.jpg

thats right, my entry is a mid 50s VW bug

it will (obviously) have a completely scratchbuild bed

most likely a flip nose

im still hoping to find a 1.8T engine but it looks like i might have to slap in a twin turbo straight six from a supra

like i said before, the name of my street truck will be...

wildcart

(cart because it will look like like a go cart compared to the silverados and D100s and wildcard because it is pretty clearly a wildcard entry breaking 4 out of 5 rules)

and to qoute one of our fellow members...

i haven't painted it yet!

well, i forgot to upload my pics, so here they are!

101_0307.jpg

101_0311.jpg

i haven't painted it yet!

Well get to it man, I'm just yanking your chain, looks good, hope to see more.

most likely a flip nose

im still hoping to find a 1.8T engine but it looks like i might have to slap in a twin turbo straight six from a supra

wildcart

(cart because it will look like like a go cart compared to the silverados and D100s and wildcard because it is pretty clearly a wildcard entry breaking 4 out of 5 rules)

Sweet this should be interesting because of that fact is why I slid you by the rule book. by the way sweet name, for my truck I'm going to call it the "Midnight Exspress".

Edited by Dukefan69'

well i figured i would ost a few pics of what i am starting with and some progress i havedone. i have chopped the inner fenderwellsout, removed the gas tank and cut the rear wells and middle bed floor out for my c-notch. next up is the c-notch and all frame supports and link mounting points. here she is.

laying frame!

IMG_0881.jpg

tuckin 20's

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

draggin bumper

IMG_0886.jpg

most likely a flip nose

wildcart

Eelco..screw the 1.8..pick up one of the partspack CORVAIR turbo flat 6......under a flip bed........off the wall!

Eelco..screw the 1.8..pick up one of the partspack CORVAIR turbo flat 6......under a flip bed........off the wall!

i would but...the rules clearly state no 4 bangers

so installing an inline 6 would be a violation of my "wildcart" premise ;)

also, i am planning on making this a front engine rear wheel drive so it will be a flip nose (already cut the nose out but i cant make the frame till i find me an engine)

i will probably just make a fixed bed for it, too much scratching on this puppy to begin with :D

i wonder if i coul cut the corvair engine down to a 4 banger :)

to bad you don't want to keep the air cooled engines! i would say go with a porsche 356/B carrera 2 flat-4 2000cc dohc engine! the fujimi porsche kits have a nice flat-4! it even has the crank with pistons to put in the block!

if you have one send it over and i will make it work

a flat 4 still is a 4 banger in my book :)

at any rate...heres a quick preview of where i am at

IMG00089-20090802-2107.jpg

IMG00090-20090802-2107.jpg

IMG00091-20090802-2108.jpg

Edited by diymirage

well i figured i would ost a few pics of what i am starting with and some progress i havedone. i have chopped the inner fenderwellsout, removed the gas tank and cut the rear wells and middle bed floor out for my c-notch. next up is the c-notch and all frame supports and link mounting points. here she is.

laying frame!

IMG_0881.jpg

tuckin 20's

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

draggin bumper

IMG_0886.jpg

Like what your doing so far keep it up Glen.

I'd like to play....but with a older body '55 cameo.....with a 2006 powertrain...ala Z06....

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Sure your in.

Either's fine by me.

so installing an inline 6 would be a violation of my "wildcart" premise ;)

also, i am planning on making this a front engine rear wheel drive so it will be a flip nose (already cut the nose out but i cant make the frame till i find me an engine)

i will probably just make a fixed bed for it, too much scratching on this puppy to begin with :lol:

i wonder if i coul cut the corvair engine down to a 4 banger ;)

Hey a slant or flat six is no violation at all.

to bad you don't want to keep the air cooled engines! i would say go with a porsche 356/B carrera 2 flat-4 2000cc dohc engine! the fujimi porsche kits have a nice flat-4! it even has the crank with pistons to put in the block!

No 4 cyls but a flat six is ok.

if you have one send it over and i will make it work

a flat 4 still is a 4 banger in my book ;)

at any rate...heres a quick preview of where i am at

IMG00089-20090802-2107.jpg

IMG00090-20090802-2107.jpg

IMG00091-20090802-2108.jpg

I like it so far, for the people that are wondering why i'm letting this one slide by my radar. I think that one wild car is perfect it always makes everyone stand back and think. So keep building. :lol:

so installing an inline 6 would be a violation of my "wildcart" premise :lol:

Hey a slant or flat six is no violation at all.

a slant six is not a violation of the build rules

which is why it is a violation of my wildcard status ;)

a slant six is not a violation of the build rules

which is why it is a violation of my wildcard status ;)

Never thought of it that way.

ok, finally weather allowed me to paint today! so i only got the base white down! next will be some color!

100_0352.jpg

100_0359.jpg

Looks good.

hey guys, sorry abut that, i re-arragned my photbucket, so here are the pics again!

100_0352.jpg

100_0359.jpg

ok, i have a idea........................... ;) ! my build isn't about how the truck is finished, its about how the truck was built! :blink:

YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I havent be able to upload any pics. I have been real busy lately and they are still on the camera. I will try to get some postd when the body is in primer so it looks better.

Clutch

No problem Clutch.

hey guys, sorry abut that, i re-arragned my photbucket, so here are the pics again!

100_0352.jpg

100_0359.jpg

ok, i have a idea........................... :unsure: ! my build isn't about how the truck is finished, its about how the truck was built! :blink:

YOU'LL SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well if were gonna see quit re arranging your photobucket ;) . Looks good keep it up.

Well i'm just waiting on a engine but, my dodge has some seroiusly faint but cool mods. Chopped off the little metal runners on the side windows also removed the vent windows, removed the door handles and sanded off the turn signals. took out the grille bars and put some grille mesh instead, put the cab toghether using the bumper bill sent me, and the existing parts aswell as some parts that brandon gave me that belong on a '55 chevy stepside pickup, i used the V8 emblems and the mirrors. put all the glass in and put the interior to the body, also started to finish the bed, put a nice wooden floor in it, to find out how I did it go herehttp://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22153

GMCcyclone045.jpg

GMCcyclone044.jpg

GMCcyclone043.jpg

GMCcyclone042.jpg

GMCcyclone041.jpg

GMCcyclone040.jpg

GMCcyclone039.jpg

GMCcyclone038.jpg

Finally the bed.

GMCcyclone037.jpg