Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scratch building a classic muscle car.

fractalign

The rear end of the body was also shaped to match as well. I won't be re attaching the boot to this section just yet. There is a more pressing task and that involves finding the centre of the body itself.

P1010490_zps89db5660.jpgBecause I am putting the body together from the rear and not the roof i will need to have everything perfectly aligned. I pulled out the jig I made months ago to make some additions. I will complete the rear wheel arch columns, these will lock the body in place. This is the first one done. With these complete I will add to the section at the back. I have already marked out the centre point on the raised piece at the front. With the back section complete I can run a spine from one end to the other. At this stage I am thinking of using string but I will construct the rest of the jig first before I determine the spine. That will be thee next task.

P1010491_zps66f8f276.jpg

Edited by fractalign

With the final wheel arch column in place I ran a piece of balsa wood between the two columns. The purpose of this beam is to keep the two body halves apart. The body halves will need to be locked firmly in place when I begin assembling the body. As I mentioned last time I need to find the centre point in the jig because this where the rear part of the body will need to positioned for the sides to be attached. I anticipate at a least a couple of days more to finish the jig. Once I have the jig finished then i can finally start putting the body together.

P1010497_zpsdae00faa.jpg

Edited by fractalign

Hey Guys.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been taking a break to focus on some other projects. I wish to thank you for all the positive feedback, and look I look forward to recommencing the project in early January.

Season Greeting !

Edited by fractalign

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching this thread for a while now. There is some very good work going on in your hobby room.

I was looking on eBay.au and happened across something you may be interested in. A Holden LJ Torana resin body. I thought it was yours at first, but you don't seem to be quite done yet.