Model Cars Magazine Forum

Skyline

Scale-Master

Another "quick build". I invested quite a bit of time in the body of this one about a year ago for a demo at TamiyaCon, so don't be fooled by my use of the term "quick".

While it builds great, there is a lot of decaling, (part of which I did in front of a live audience). Not really difficult, just time consuming. I also painted some of the interior pieces for a shading demo.

I did clear coat it after putting all the body decals on, then it got boxed up and has been sitting ever since. I dove in after having such a blast finishing the Opel DTM, and this one "only" took about 2.5 days work time spread out over a few days and evenings. I highly recommend this kit, the fit of the parts is wonderful, but if you are not comfortable with a lot of decaling you might consider the blue Calsonic version over this livery...

It is a true 100% box stock build. Only the paint (mostly Tamiya as called out in the instructions) and glue were items not contained in the box. Oh yeah, and decal solvent, lots of decal solvent...

DSC01880.jpg

DSC01882.jpg

DSC01885.jpg

DSC01887.jpg

DSC01868.jpg

DSC01866.jpg

DSC01873.jpg