Model Cars Magazine Forum

'73 Chevrolet Chevelle- Mastered by Tom Ellifritt

That bronze coupe is a thing of beauty! What chassis/interior are you planning on using under it?

To paraphrase "Field Of Dreams": If you cast it, they will come. You can put me down for one too, and if you decide to do it in any other body styles other than the coupe, put me down for a wagon and an El Camino too. I once owned a '73 Laguna wagon that I loved to use to terrorize the local Fords with. It was our family car but it was running a tweaked 4-barrel 400 V-8, true dual exhaust, a Turbo 400 with a shift kit and high stall converter, and a posi rear.

Having it painted does not make it too late to cast. The paint won't stick to the silicone and get pulled off the body. There is a chance the body will break upon removing it from the master mold where you have glued it together.

That's true- but maybe that's an old WIP photo and it's closer to finished now. Even if not, I'd hate to have to repair and repaint it after it was damaged having a mold pulled from it. :(

• 1 month later...

It would be Great thing to have Resin kit of this. I've been thinking about making one Chevelle from that Oval Tracker, but it's quite large conversion. The Body of course, then the engine bay, interior and chassis too. :unsure:

Unless I'm badly mistaken (which is always a distinct possibility with me) there was a 73 kitted. I've got an AMT #3688 that's a 73, I believe. Can go put my hands on it if I need to. I'd be willing to send to a reputable and talented caster I don't know much about casting, but if the master I send has to be kept, I'd like a couple of castings in return. LMK.