Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need help identify these kits, NEW PICS added

I won this lot on ebay, should be getting them shortly. The AMT 1968 Chevelle and the Palmer Maverick I know(bought it just for the Chevelle), but I dont know the rest, Any help is appreciated. I think the green and yellow car is a toy.

auction.jpg

Edited by prostockmania

Weeeeeeeel , lookin at the top , ya got Monogram's Vandall kit about 1978, One of A M T re-issued 69 Chevelles , A 56 Plymouth Convertable from Jo-Han , one of A M T 's 66 Mustangs , A 70 Maverick from Jo-han , a 1-32nd Palmer ? Corvette , Misc parts , a 66 or 67 M P C Pontiac GTO, and finially , looks to be a early Monogram Watson Indy roadster . A M T did one , but they had vynil tires on theirs ............. Ed Shaver

If I'm not mistaken, the green Vette and yellow Cougar are 1/43 models by either AMT or Lindberg. The silver notchback Mustang is an AMT.

If you have no plans for it, I'd love to take the old tan Indy-ish racer off your hands; PM or email me if you might be into it

Weeeeeeeel , lookin at the top , ya got Monogram's Vandall kit about 1978, One of A M T re-issued 69 Chevelles , A 56 Plymouth Convertable from Jo-Han , one of A M T 's 66 Mustangs , A 70 Maverick from Jo-han , a 1-32nd Palmer ? Corvette , Misc parts , a 66 or 67 M P C Pontiac GTO, and finially , looks to be a early Monogram Watson Indy roadster . A M T did one , but they had vynil tires on theirs ............. Ed Shaver

If I'm not mistaken, the green Vette and yellow Cougar are 1/43 models by either AMT or Lindberg. The silver notchback Mustang is an AMT.

If you have no plans for it, I'd love to take the old tan Indy-ish racer off your hands; PM or email me if you might be into it

Ed, Its not a reissue 69 Chevelle, Its an Original 68 Chevelle(seller sent me better pics of it from rear), thats why I bought it. but thanks for the info on the rest.

Yeah, VW Dave, I'll let you know when I get it, it'll be available, only thing I got it for was the AMT 68 Chevelle kit

The two Goodyear Tracker AT tires and eight-spoke, eight-lug wheels are from the 1/24 Monongram Off Road Van.

I think Steve meant to type "1/32" on the Aurora (later reissued by Monogram) '65 GTO

The yellow Cougar sure looks like the 1/43 AMT Custom Cougar

The green Vette looks smaller than 1/32 (comparing it to the GTO), and larger than the Cougar, so let's say 1/35-1/40-ish?? Gotta be Lindberg, Palmer, or possibly even a Korris car?

The Vette is AMT 1/32, I recognize the hubcaps. Tires are 2 pc styrene. I have a few

I was watching this lot got eh AMT 1/43 Cougar myself.

I have one, but I like Cougars, and 1/43 scale.

I have the Monogram issue of the 1/32 65 GTO, but the body has been soaking in Break Fluid for 15-20 Years!!!

Good ole Testor's #3 red fisheyed terribly, and Never would strip!!!

I am not even sure where the rest of the kit is now, it has been so long!!

I bet the Mustang is AMT's 66. Many re-issues since the Count-down series

No doubt on the Maverick being Palmer

I see the tell-tale Palmer hubcaps (I have had Too many to miss) and the

separate roof, Only they did

Edited by Edsel-Dan

Actually, the Indy car is a model of a Kurtis, circa 1955, indeed Monogram. The Watson was similar (the first successful Watson was a modified Kurtis, if I remember correctly) and began a little later than Kurtis in the Indy "roadster" line.

Pure trivia....some versions of the AMT Watson also had hard plastic tires.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

ok, pretty much got everything figured out except these 2/3 items

The Mustang is a 66, lower front has 1966 molded into license, no rear splash pan, all one peice body, molded in white, rolling chassis, molded in one piece also, and its a screw bottom chassis.

I beleive all the parts in the pic go to the green and yellow car, and not sure on the metal hubcaps, but I also bel;eive they go to the green car.

mustang.jpg

metalhubcaps.jpg

plymouth.jpg

thanks again for the help